Head Restraint....Removal ?

Discussion in 'Challenger DIY/Tech Info' started by oldgeezer, Dec 11, 2021.

Car Parts
  1. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Member

I want to remove head restraint on passenger seat...2018 Challenger, .[Blocks my side view]..Owners manual clearly shows how...on page 24 ...But the post on my seats only have one tab to release...and it's for adjustment...The shown tab for removal is not present...Anyone else experience this?

2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

I can't comment on the tab issue but are you sure you want to do this on your 'new' Challenger? Won't it look like it is missing and look bad?

Visibility is obviously important but maybe another type of adjustment to the passenger seat would be better to help your view. Move the seat forward, back, lower, etc...

Cloverdale likes this.
  3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Maybe just recline the seat when not in use? Then if you have a passenger, the seat's ready to go, no struggling to get the headrest back on. (especially if you have to go into the trunk to get it)
    If you want to get the headrest off, look at the headrest post opposite the one with the adjusting tab. There should be a small hole in the plastic base. Find a tool what will fit in the hole and push in. That will release the headrest from the uppermost lock position.

4. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

I actually started out toward the Garage
    then remembered my Baby is still in the Body Shop
    Have needed to figure out how to remove the REAR Seat Head Rests
    I should just pull the rear seat as I never us it

NOTE to self: Check on progress :(
    Been there since 10-11-2021

5. oldgeezer

oldgeezer Member

Thats a great idea.....So simple...just recline the seat...Should work..If not, thnx for the tip of inserting a tool in the Post opposite the adjustable post, Picture in manual shows the base having a release tab...but any trip method is good...This is what is great about this forum...

70-426_10-SRT likes this.
  6. Stepfani

Stepfani New Member

I have a 2021 R/T Scat Pack Shaker and I found that there are 2 tabs to push, one on each post on the right side of the post. You have to push both together to remove the headrest. A little tricky with only 2 hands but that's how you can remove it. I needed to remove mine in order to put on a seat cover then I reinserted them. :)

7. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer