Hellcat Crashes and Flips a Silverado

Discussion in 'Challenger HellCat Forum Engine & Performance' started by SRT-Tom, Apr 13, 2021.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

What this idiot Hellcat driver lose control of his car and flip a Silverado.

Hopslayer and Cloverdale like this.
  2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

Too much power for the 'average' driver. It's obvious with all the videos out there. Hell, there's too much wheel spin in regular Hemi Challengers.

Unless you are a guy that loves the track, or at least knows how to drive, I'm surprised a bit that so many people own them. As everyone knows, they are NOT cheap! Saying you own one of the fastest cars ever produced must be the reason. I get it. They are certainly a hit at car shows and cruise-ins too. That's fine, and certainly a cool factor, no doubt about it, but seriously driving them almost requires a class at a racing school.

I know a guy in the local car club here that solely owns his Hellcat for that reason as he's never even used the second 'key.' The first 'key' is too much for him. I respect that completely and he would never be the 'star' of one of these videos. As Dirty Harry said, "a man has to know his limitations."

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
    Cloverdale and SRT-Tom like this.
  3. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

There sure are a lot of them on the used market in my area (mostly at dealerships) which suggests to me that a lot of original owners trade them on something else after experiencing many of the challenges you describe. Despite the saturated market the asking prices are still high, but I have no idea what they actually sell for. Despite being relatively good value for the amount of horse power, there are superior street driving experience options.

NC20RT likes this.
  4. arizonajack

arizonajack Full Access Member

Another stupid Hellcat owner. At 40 minutes he abandons the car. At 47 minutes he's caught.

5. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

Challenges to owning a Hellcat.....if you’re a f@*#^ing dumb-ass eventually the process of elimination will get rid of you. It all comes down to respect for the potential under your right foot and when you choose to use it.

If you’re going to race it you’ll need to add different tires to get you the traction you need. For me there’s nothing like the sound of the supercharger and the feeling of my ass being planted back in the seat. I choose to do a little spirited driving when I’m by myself and no other vehicles around- no hidden driveways or roadways.

You have to use your damn head!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2021
    NC20RT likes this.
  6. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

if I remember correctly, he wasn't the owner, he stole the car and was running from the police, that was in the Houston area and he ran out of gas in the Winnie area. Pulled over and tried to hide in a cow pasture. He wasn't good at hiding either.

NC20RT likes this.