Hello I have a no start no crank only security light on dash

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by Dan57, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Dan57

Dan57 New Member

I am Dan and recently bought a non running 2010 dodge challenger se.
    The ignition only chimes and shows doors open or trunk open notifications. The security light comes on and stays on in the run position as it does nothing when trying to start. What I know so far is pink run start wire on win module has power when the key is turned
    In the rear fuse box these 2 fuses do not power up when the key is turned to run its my understanding these should get power from win module.in the run position. Would this indicate a short between the win module and the fuse.? Any help would be greatly appreciated I am not familiar with these things.

Fuse 28— 15 Amp Blue Ignition Run, AC Heater Control/ Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
    Fuse 29 5 Amp Tan Cluster/Electronic Stability Control (ESC)/ Powertrain Control Module (PCM)/STOP LIGHT Switch

2. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

Oh boy. Non-running. I cannot offer you more specific help, but a needle probe for checking wires without having to strip their voltage would be helpful in what looks to be a long-term project.

You may have to download some wiring diagrams from somewhere on the 'net to find the routing of the various cables and wires around the car. A service manual download would be a good thing, too.

https://www.onlymanuals.com/dodge/challenger

3. Dan57

Dan57 New Member

Thank you.