Hoping to buy challenger

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by Montero00, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Montero00

Montero00 New Member

Hey Guys my wife has let me have a mid life crisis car and I chose the challenger. Question on a car if its a good deal . 2013 RT 15k miles red leather moon roof nav etc. only drawback is carfax showed accident at 3k . No air bags no police report everything looked good to me but I'm no expert thinking something minor bumper etc. anyway they want 28k don't really want to budge maybe a few hundred bucks. Car is in Northeast. Any thoughts ideas advice would be awesome. I really trust the experience here!

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

$28K is a fair price. Kelly Blue Book cites a low of $26,619 to a high of $31,694, with an average of $29,157. I think that you can still get a better price from the dealer.
    There are many used R/Ts out there for sale that haven't been in accidents.

I you choose to buy this car, I would have it looked over first by a good mechanic and possibly a body shop.

Kelley Blue Book

3. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

With there being no police report it is difficult to tell where it was hit.
    When my car was 3 months old a lady backed into me in a parking lot out of the blue cause she missed the row she wanted to park in.

Here if the damage is over $2000.00 you must file a police report, now mine shows it has been in an accident. Body shop estimate was to replace the bumper cover/painted and the 3M vinyl. $800.00 of the $2200.00 was just for the 3M.
    I'm glad I have a copy of the report in my glove box just in case I ever decide to sell or trade.

4. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

I'm in the same boat as 10DYRT ..... My Challenger was backed into in a parking lot and had zero structural damage.

However, by the time they pulled the dent, painted the right side of the car from the door through the quarter panel and replaced the very pricy R/T Classic stripes, it's on Carfax.

I also keep a copy of the repair including photos with the car.

As has already been suggested, have it checked out. And if it passes muster, then I'd strike a deal if you like the car. I bought my '11 R/T Classic in September of 2013 when it had 11,500 miles on it and paid $26,000 and some change.