Important info on class action rear diff failures

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by BunnyMom, Oct 9, 2022.

1. BunnyMom

BunnyMom Full Access Member

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

BunnyMom likes this.
  3. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

There sure are alot of class actions suits against these cars for all kinds of problems from early lifter valve failures, Hemi Tick, MDS issues from engine/transmission to this. These cars have problems getting the power to the ground for traction in their regular aspirated 5.7 or 6.4 engines to begin with. Not enough tire to grip. :badidea:Just imagine the supercharged versions HC, Demon, SS, Redeye that have too much power that cannot get the traction.:eek: Alot of these owners wreck these cars driving them back brand new from dealership. If it's not one thing it's another thing:sunot:. It makes me wonder how many of these claims are from owner/operator neglect or wreckless driving:Pshyco:
    Nothing a bottle of Redline fully synthetic rear end oil can solve and or quiet down?:hmmm2:

4. BunnyMom

@stingray after watching videos of the idiots on you tube, has to be wreckless! Only one guy that is damn good! Think he goes by kat killer? Not . Thankful my stepdad taught me to drive, he was a stock car driver and I was driving at 8 yrs old.

stingray likes this.
  5. BunnyMom

stingray likes this.
  6. RyansRT

RyansRT Active Member

Many have actually caused these failures by increasing HP past what the parts can actually handle, or gone to the stickiest tires possible to run, increasing drive line resistance.

7. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

You're right. Even stock from the factory, these Hemis are putting out tons of hp. and torque.

8. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

Most of these cars have more power than you will ever need on the street. Just bragging rights..

SRT-Tom and stingray like this.
  9. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

Just leave the car alone. Keep it factory stock and maybe it will turn out to be a reliable vehicle.:facepalm::snoopfacepalm:

10. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

Especially the Hellcats and SRTs. How much is too much? I can understand car hobbyists souping up the less-powerful models, as that is part of the fun, but I don't see the point with the super-engineered Hellcat. That had a mob of German engineers working on it, didn't it? I know the Chassis is a revamped Mercedes platform.

Long live the Challenger!

stingray and HellKitten like this.