Ka Bang !

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Don Leblanc, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Don Leblanc

Don Leblanc Member

Hi All;
    Driving along one day minding my own business when the driver in front of me decides to stop ...
    then put on their signal. No biggie, I'll wait. Then .... Ka Bang ! I got rear ended. I don't know if this happened to anyone here but, boy I'll tell ya' at first you are out of sorts & trying to figure what just happened.
    So as I'm getting out of my car, THEY TAKE OFF! Yes, a Hit and Run. Upshot was I guess I'm lucky as there was not much damage, just bent my plate and a small gouge under the plate I was able to repair myself.
    These Challengers take a hit and still keep going .
    Mr. Lucky

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I had a similar situation, two years' ago, driving my wife's 2019 Hyundai Elantra. A tractor trailer 's tire exploded on I-295. All of the traffic stopped to avert the flying debris. A woman behind me, driving a Jeep Cherokee, was texting and plowed into me going 60 mpg. The impact crumpled my trunk back to the rear window. The car was totaled (only 10K miles) but I was unhurt. That's the danger of all of these SUVs. Their bumpers are way above the ones on cars.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  3. Don Leblanc

Don Leblanc Member

Ouch ! sorry to hear about your experience SRT - Tom