License Plate Wrap

Discussion in 'Challenger Exterior Modifications Forum' started by SRT-Tom, May 14, 2022.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Thirty-one states across the U.S. require both a front license plate in addition to the one on the rear. This requires the use of an unsightly bracket to mount the plate.

In response, many of us have chosen to either mount the plate on the lower part of the bumper fascia, using the toggle bolt method, or use a hide-a-way motorized plate.

Now, there is another solution. As reported by Jalopnik, License Plate Wraps have just been granted an extension of a pilot program that allows California state residents to use their product instead of a traditional plate. The product is exactly what it sounds like- a wrap of your specific license plate that can be applied directly to the paint.

That means that owners won’t have to drill anything into their bumpers, ruining the looks of the front of their vehicles. Another benefit is that the wrap will provide a bit more protection on that section of the paint.

[​IMG]

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Wish they had these back in 2016. ZThe dealer mounted the front bracket on my Challenger because front plates were required in Ohio. In 2020 Ohio dropped the requirement. I'm still running the front plate, if I remove it the facia will have those ugly mounting holes showing. The quick fixes using small covers to hide the holes look just as bad (to me).
    I might stick a Mopar or Dodge plate on the front, but for now I'll keep the Ohio plate on it.

3. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

hi there, this works great if you want paint them body color . these come in lots of different sizes as you all probably know and they do not rust.

Plastic Bumper Push pins
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  4. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Thanks..

5. moabutman1

moabutman1 Full Access Member

I lived in Columbus Ohio when I bought my 2016 Challenger Scat Pack. I didn't drive it a whole lot when I lived there. It's never even seen snow. So I never put a plate on the front of my car. So glad I didn't. Then Ohio removed the requirement and we later moved. Since moving to the Myrtle Beach area in late 2020. South Carolina also doesn't require a front plate. And I'm driving a lot more now that the weather is much better. Finally getting to enjoy it as much as I want to.
    PS: I don't miss Ohio!

20210422_171302.jpg

20210507_124836.jpg

NC20RT likes this.