Lug nut torque

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Golfnut, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Golfnut

Golfnut Active Member

I'm about to remove the wheels on my '13 R/T to clean and rotate them; but, before I do that I need the torque specs for the lug nuts. I can't find that info in the owner's manual and don't have access to a FSM. I know my '04 Sebring and my wife's '15 Durango each spec at 100 ft. lbs. I'm guessing this R/T is likely the same; but, I don't want to guess at something as important as the lug nuts. Who has the definitive answer? Thanks for your help.

BTW, I've seen the FSM on CD on eBay for $229.00. If I don't find one for significantly less by the end of the year, I suspect I'll bite the bullet and spend the money.

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

It is 110 ft/lbs.

3. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

I was at Walmart one day after I bought my Challenger and thought I might as well just have them rotate mine, they said they couldn't find the lug nut torque for my model
    Also said my rears were too bald so they couldn't touch them (I guess that's what happens when you have a fun car like this)
    But I'm glad somebody actually knows the torque spec! Thanks Tom

4. Golfnut

Golfnut Active Member

Thanks, Tom. That's exactly why I didn't want to guess at it being 100 ft. lbs.

5. Sablelieger

Sablelieger Member

Yup; 110 ft/lbs. I installed lock nuts on my 17 T/A and had my handy-dandy torque wrench close by. Last thing I need is for my lugs to be flying out on the highway followed by a wheel. LOL.