Mid muffler delete

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by FrankenMax, Jul 9, 2017.

1. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

I chopped out my mufflers today on the cheep. Got the pipe for $15 bucks at a local exhaust shop. Burned it in myself. Only bad part was that it was 116 degrees in my garage, that's vegas for you. But this is the second cheapest mod to date. I recommend it, definitely changes the attitude. I didn't bother with taking videos of before and after. You can find plenty on the net.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chithead likes this.
  2. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

Reso's next :happy175:

3. FrankenMax

Well get after it then....You will love it. I took my wife out today even she enjoyed it. She says it sounds manly. Lol

4. rtchallenger12

rtchallenger12 Full Access Member

Oh no I have dual 40 Series FM and my reso's deleted, I meant for you to take them off next because I couldn't tell if you just removed the mid mufflers or the reso's as well.
    I was thinking about straight piping my whole system but I haven't heard one in person yet so I'm hesistant. I don't want it to sound raspy or anything

5. FrankenMax

No, my next move will be cam, heads, and headers with full 3" out. I just pulled the muffler's for giggles and kept the resonators on. I was bored.

Put a set of electric exhaust cut outs in? That way you have the best of both. I did take a sound clip after I cut the mufflers out. Not a fan it might sound better at the rear though.

6. tct577

tct577 Member

With the mid muffler delete have you noticed and improvement or loss in performance?

7. FrankenMax

I haven't noticed ether way. But I really haven't pounded on it. The car is still really new with only 2500 miles on it at the moment. I'd do it again all day long. The car just sounds better to me. It was a cheap and easy mod.

tct577 likes this.
  8. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

Nice! I have looked into an after market Borla ATAK exhaust for my R/T but I'm not sure it will make a whole lot of difference.