Milwaukee Airport Car Thefts

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by SRT-Tom, May 14, 2022.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Twenty high-end cars were stolen from the Milwaukee Mitchell Airport in the past year. This included Hellcats and, Ram TRXs and certain types of Jeep Grand Cherokees.

Victims would leave their vehicles in the airport parking, only to return to find them missing, and in some cases, broken glass was the only thing left behind. The police seem to think these vehicles are being re-VIN’ed and re-titled before being sold off.

Gregg Kunes is one of those victims who returned from a trip to Florida in January to find out his car was gone.

"I came back with my bags late at night and the car was gone," Kunes recalled. "It's terrible, you feel violated and you start to question yourself. But I had the keys in my hand and knew it was gone.”

"That day when I talked to security, they said they had lost another white Dodge Ram the night before," Kunes said.

Gregg Kunes is the owner of Kunes Automotive Group, which has had thefts from dealer lots in recent months. He pointed out that Chrysler vehicles are being targeted, as they are pretty much everywhere. Kunes said he believed it’s because they are popular, have high-performance engines, and are easy to sell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FullThrottle64

FullThrottle64 Member

I fly out of Milwaukee a couple of times each month. I have a '97 Ford Ranger that I drive to and from the airport; it's about as theft-proof a vehicle as is possible.

3. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

Better off leaving it at home parked in your alarm secured indoor garage instead of leaving this kind of vehicle in a public airport.

4. Mlind17

Mlind17 New Member

Yup, my trackhawk was one of them. Stolen March 10th, along with several other Jeep/Dodge vehicles. Following the Sirius Guardian tracking and it’s still creeping around Kenosha/Racine/MKE area, but thus far cops haven’t been interested or had luck when they’ve tried finding it. They may be tinkering with the guardian tracking too. If anyone sees this rolling around MKE with a repaired rear window, let me know. Had the Borla S-Type exhaust added, if you hear it you’ll know. Original plates were found in Kenosha, so it’s either without plates or fake ones.

5603E9F6-36A8-42E9-A53E-CC6B5EE82FD8.jpeg