Mini fuse # for horn

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by challengerone, Aug 31, 2015.

1. challengerone

challengerone Active Member

Does any know the mini fuse # for the horn on our Challengers. No prob. now but I like to put a little white out on the horn fuse on each car I've owned to eliminate an embarrassing moment if the horn relay fails. It has happened to me twice before over the yrs. I've searched thru Dodge material & even googled it but only get back the Mopar part # or info from those who want to sell new fuses. If it is a fuse the horn feature must be combined with some other equip. & not described in either fuse locations of our cars. Thks

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

DODGE does not identify the horn fuse in the owner's manual because fuse information could be used by thieves to disable your theft deterrent system.

Here is a diagram of the fuse box for a 2011 Charger SRT. It may be the same as your Challenger. The horn fuse is #4. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

3. challengerone

challengerone Active Member

Thank you once again Tom. I'll chk. my fuse box to compare.

4. rapturez

rapturez New Member

Hello, I recently purchased a rebuilt 2014 dodge challenger sxt, and seems to have been wrecked on the left side, and also airbags deployed. Now the horns dont sound off from the steering wheel. I was able to check the horns by disconnecting them and putting power to them and both work. I also ran a continuity check on both horns since they connect both with 1 cable and it is good. also they both have good ground. now i went over to the manual and nothing is mentioned as to which fuse is for the horns or which relay is the one to check.

I would appreciate if any body reads this post any insight. I am going crazy not knowing where to go check now. i am contemplating running a new circuit with a new button, or maybe using the same steering wheel switches. seems 2 cable simple,.

thank you all for taking the time.

Rick