New 850+ HP. Limited Edition Challenger

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Jul 4, 2022.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Dodge//SRT has mentioned that the Hellcat era will be coming to an end once the next-generation Dodge Challenger (LB) and Charger (LF) come to market in 2024. The new generation of muscle cars will offer more efficient and emissions-friendly internal combustion engines (ICEs) and a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) powertrain that will be able to outperform the current Hellcat lineup.

While Dodge has announced that it will show off a conceptual version of its all-new eMuscle car later this summer, it doesn’t mean that Dodge//SRT isn’t working on something special for the last hurrah for the supercharged HEMI in the Challenger.

Mopar Insiders is reporting the following:

"Dodge//SRT will be launching another high-performance limited-edition model before the current generation comes to an end. But what makes this new car special is that instead of running on 100+ octane race fuel, it will be able to run on ethanol (E85) instead.

Those sources have indicated that the car should be a limited production (like that of the SRT Demon) and capable of producing stronger numbers than the SRT Demon. How much horsepower we do not know, but Mopar’s Direct Connection Stage 3 Kit for the Hellcat Redeye puts out 885 horsepower with 100+ octane, Hellephant pulley, and tuning. Although not confirmed we expect horsepower to be upwards of 850+ for the E85 tuned Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody.

The sources also stated to us that the car will be part of the brand’s “Never Lift” campaign, Dodge’s 24-month road map to the brand’s performance future.

We hope to be learning more about the car in the upcoming weeks. So, stay tuned."

2. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I would love to see Dodge surprise everyone with a 1500hp Super Cuda with monstrous rear tires, truly Plymouth origins and styling, better aero (while still retaining style,) and just overall greatness. AND A FRONT BENCH SEAT!

To answer all the acolytes of the Cult of Thunberg: "You don't need that much horsepower for the street."
    We don't need a whining white-blooded bunch of sissies, either, yet there you are!

Life isn't about NEED. If it was most of the worshipers of the Climate Hoax would just instantly disappear. The world needs them like it needs Don Quixote to protect them from dragons.

What I want is a line of new 1930's-styled Dusenbergs. Nice, long, hood, driver's compartment that had an optional targa or convertible top, spacious interior, tall wheels and tires, and just general excessive sexiness.

Anyway, I bet it could get 850 on pump gas if they put their heads together. But, it's a nice car, nonetheless!

3. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Agree with that.

But We would still Love to see Pics of Your Challenger and articles of any MOD's you have done.
    You seem to know a lot, let's see what you have done.

2010-SRT-SIDE.jpg

NC20RT likes this.
  4. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

I tell ya what I need! Some high end Tequila right about now!

5. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Proflex sells a tuning kit (may be others) for current gen hemi's to run E85 but there not as well priced for example as the tuner's from Burger Motor Sports (at less than half the price) which I use on my BMW's which allow for E85 use and the benefits of high octane from ethanol. I almost purchased the Proflex for my Challenger but learned of a Challenger owners experience on Youtube which created a lean condition which the mfg couldn't resolve. The appeal is that E85 where I am is significantly cheaper to purchase than even 87 octane gas.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2022
  6. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Mopar Insiders is now reporting that the new Redeye will put out 909 hp., with this caveat:

"Of course, don’t take this number as fact until Dodge//SRT officially releases the car. Considering Dodge’s history and the fact that they want to give the Hellcat a proper goodbye this does make sense. Of course, like all of you, I was personally hoping for that magically 1,000 horsepower and even heard from some sources in the past that engineers were targeting that number, but it appears that wasn’t meant to be.
    It does on the other hand allow the 1,000 horsepower 7.0-liter (426 cubic-inch) Hellephant HEMI V8 crate motor to preserve its rarity."