New Gal here - 2010 Challenger RT Classic

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by BlackPearl, Mar 27, 2018.

1. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

Hey All,

I just bought a 2010 Challenger RT Classic! I have named her Black Pearl ;)

I grew up driving a 5 speed Camaro and owned an old Porsche at one time. For the last 15 years, I have driven SUVs. Now that my daughter is 15 and will be getting the Ford Edge it was time for me to get a car I wanted.

I just picked her up last night so I haven’t driven that much yet. It defiantly shifts different than any other manual car I have driven. Is there a reference to where the rpms should be for the different gears? When I’m driving down a city street at 40-50pmh in 4th gear about (2000 rpm) It feels like I need to shift. When I let of the gas I get a lot of pull, like I was in a gear to low. Not sure if there is something off with the car or me lol

BrianandChrissy likes this.
  2. BrianandChrissy

BrianandChrissy Active Member

Welcome to the family!! Here's our 2017 Shaker R/T!![​IMG]

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Waylav2018TA, Jim_Linz and BlackPearl like this.
  3. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

WELCOME!! POST SOME PICS OF THAT CLASSIC EDITION!!

BlackPearl likes this.
  4. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Welcome to the neighborhood. Enjoy your R/T Classic. I had a 2011 R/T Classic, but it was an Auto 5 so I can't comment about your Manual.

I confess that I use sound more than engine revs for my shift points in my '15 SRT.

5. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

Thank you:)
    The shifting things was all me lol I’m getting the hang of it now!

6. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

This is the only good pic I have at the moment. It’s been raining here. 7DE6E621-451E-46B8-9668-B17274795070.jpeg

Waylav2018TA and BrianandChrissy like this.
  7. Climber

Climber Full Access Member

Beautiful car. Enjoy. When your daughter gets ready to drive teach her in the Challenger and make her the envy of her friends....not many teens can boast of learning to drive in a machine like this. As far as the manual tranny goes you will get used to it. When I go from 1st to 2nd I put some pressure on the shifter towards the left and go straight back into 2nd gear otherwise it may go into 4th gear. One of the quirks of a 6 speed manual but easy to get used to. Gears 5 and 6 are really just overdrive gears. I will stay in 4th gear to about 50-55 or so and may go into 5th gear. I can travel for miles in 5th gear at 60-65 at a low rpm. At 80 in 6th gear the Hemi lopes along at 1800 rpm and with a 5800 rpm redline it still has a long way to go as far as muscle output goes. If you have not discovered by now, say that you are going down the interstate at 80 in 6th gear and when you floor the gas pedal not much happens because of the .5 to 1 overdrive gear ratios.....just pull it back into 4th gear and romp on the gas....the Hemi will respond and get everyone's attention especially law enforcement if they are around. I love the exhaust sound and engine noise when I open it up. I feel 21 again......Just sayin' you know? I am sure that there are some nice stretches of Oklahoma interstate out there.

BlackPearl likes this.
  8. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

I am definitely getting use to it, I am starting to have fun now ;-) I haven’t gotten the rpms past about 3000 yet, the time is coming.
    I am planning a Route 66 trip through OK this summer.

I let my daughter give it a try in the parking lot, I might need a neck brace lol

9. 10DYRT

10DYRT Full Access Member

Make sure you have the "skip shift eliminator"

10. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

I have heard of this but don’t know much about it. What is the benifit of having it?