New Guy With Questions

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by OsoAaskan, Jun 13, 2022.

1. OsoAaskan

OsoAaskan Member

Hello all, I'm new to "potential" Challenger ownership. I've been saving for quite some time and think I'm ready to order later this year, but I have a few questions.

My main question would be what is the average lead time on a factory order? I've ordered several Jeep Wrangers and those normally take a 3-4 months depending on the time of year, current build cycle(colors/features), and now covid supply chain impacts. I was guessing 4-5 months but really have no idea.

Does anyone here have Challenger order guides? I have access to Wrangler guides in a different forum but maybe Challenger guides aren't readily available.

Can anyone recommend a good Challenger dealership that sells large volume and offers a discount similar to Dave Smith Motors? If the savings are good it's worth it for me to buy in the states and ship to Alaska. Any and all help is appreciated.

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

North Carolina is a long distance from Alaska, but Steve White Motors has been the "go-to" dealership for many years.

Another way of getting a good deal is to send emails to the Internet Sales' departments of nearby dealerships. They know that they will only get one shot at your business, so they will give you their best price. Many have tried this technique and it really works.

3. OsoAaskan

OsoAaskan Member

Thank you for the dealership recommendation, I appreciate it. The internet pricing thing doesn't work so great here. Limited inventory and they know we're kind of hosed due to location. But I'd certanly be open to trying it out in states if I could find the exact configuration I want.

4. SRT-Tom

I live in New Jersey. When I bought my 2009 SRT, demand was great and these cars were scarce. So, I bought mine from a dealer in Ohio and had it shipped to my house.

The first photo is my SRT being delivered to the dealer. The second photo is the enclosed trailer delivery to my house. It arrived 6 days after my birthday and 12 days before Christmas. What a present!

View attachment 7988

ChallengerArrival.png

ChallengerTrailer.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    OsoAaskan likes this.
  5. OsoAaskan

OsoAaskan Member

Same color I've wanted for YEARS, I'm caught between blacked out hood or skunk stripes. Gotta get one before the "cutoff" and or engine change.

6. SRT-Tom

7. OsoAaskan

OsoAaskan Member

Yup, gotta go with option B. Unless yellow comes back...

8. SRT-Tom

Tor Red is also a great high impact color.

[​IMG]

OsoAaskan likes this.
  9. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

Koons seems to be a place that has good prices and service. I am not sure how far you are from them, however.

OsoAaskan likes this.
  10. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

Yellow is making a comeback in 2023. (Edit: according to one unverified source of some "leaked" paint colors for 2023.)

Supposedly, Hulk Smash Green is not. (Sub Lime.) Sub Lime Hellcats can carry a 10,000 dollar higher premium in the used market as a result, I observed directly when looking at Hellcat prices.

How can you not like the Hulk Smash Green? (Twink's car from the Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift.) My favorite car FROM that entire series.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    OsoAaskan likes this.