New High Performance All Season Tire

Discussion in 'Challenger Wheels, Tires and Brakes Forum' started by SRT-Tom, Jul 17, 2013.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Michelin has come out with a new all season ultra performance tire that out performs many of the well known brands while still giving excellent mileage.

It is called the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. It uses an asymmetric tread pattern with more rigid tread blocks on the shoulders, a variable contact patch, a new high-tech tread compound, and variable thickness sipes.

Michelin claims that it outperformed the following tires in dry and wet condition testing: Continental Extreme Contact DW, Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season, Pirelli P Zero, Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position, Dunlop SP Sport, and Yokohana ADVAN S.4.

It has a rating of 500AA with a 45,000 treadwear warranty. The only catch is that a 245/45/20 tire costs $361.

It will be interesting to see if anyone on this forum puts them on his Challenger and provides real world feedback.

For more details, see:

Pilot Sport A/S 3 | Michelin Tires

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. Storm Rider

Storm Rider Full Access Member

And I thought 178.00 a tire for Goodyear's were bad.

3. Rod_R

Rod_R Full Access Member

I'm not looking forward to tire shopping. Yikes.

4. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

My 13 R/T came with Michelin pilot tires there is an HX MXH4 in an 18 inch tire. Are my tires better than other tires that go on the challengers ?
    Bert

5. brandy16

brandy16 Member

The warranty is only 22500 miles if you have staggered tires 245/45/20 front and 255/45/20 rear.

6. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

Also, does the warranty ONLY apply if you buy four brand-new tires, like the one I got for my not-very-grippy-at-all Nitto Motivos?