No Third-Party EV Mods

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by SRT-Tom, Jan 11, 2023.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Chief Executive Tim Kuniskis has revealed that Dodge will not allow third-party tuners to modify the powertrains of its forthcoming EVs.

Upgrades and tuning packages will only be available through the Direct Connection and Power Broker program. It seems that Dodge wants to control everything that happens in these cars.

To me, this is another negative for the new generation of performance cars.,

[​IMG]

Chuckv and Green with Envy like this.
  2. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

If people are too male will they be banned from owning them, too?

Of course, the Tesla doesn't have any options for any performance upgrades, so it is worse in that regard.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    Chuckv likes this.
  3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

That's what manufacturers said back when the OBD I and II's came out... no independents would be allowed to work on them. It took a little time (and help from SEMA) to get that changed.

Having the EV's locked out initially might not be such a bad thing. It would give proper time to evaluate the pros and cons and keep guys from unsafely tweeking the parameters to where batteries are catching on fire and more.

Give it time and this too will pass.

4. Moparisto

There are a few angles to increase output.
    Capacitor banks for a nitrous-oxide-like rush of extra power and voltage.
    Just jacking up the voltage by using twin half-size battery packs in series instead of the single pack.
    Transmissions, maybe?
    Someone will figure out something to make them less boring.
    Imagine a modified EV doing 7's in the quarter mile.

5. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

the only upgrade that i see is to do is plug the damn thing into a 440 V receptacle and you would now have a 440 commando melted to the ground! now that would be a hot rod. i am not into these things, unless thats the only deal in town.

6. Moparisto

It'll be a long time until they are the only deal in town. Unless the "elections" continue to be rigged, worldwide. Then they may come up with a Fart Tax, I dunno.

The whole "we are the big money people dictating how you peasants live" stuff is something they have been trying to force down our throats for millennia. Nimrod was one such figure, way back when.

No, we prefer to work on our own cars, without some nanny state pencil-neck deciding we aren't sensitive enough to the "needs" of NAMbLA so we don't "deserve" to allow our bank accounts or cars to work.

Just ask Kanye West how it is to cross the Defenders of Epstein.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  7. Green with Envy

Green with Envy Full Access Member

I don't care what the idiots at Dodge do with their stupid EV because I will never spend a penny of my money on one so I don't care!

Moparisto likes this.
  8. Moparisto

I already have a modification you can do to an electric motor. It ain't rocket science.

9. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Not everyone is on the EV bandwagon. Lawmakers in Wyoming proposed a resolution to ban the sale of new EVs in the entire state by 2035, but the measure was shot down after a lively debate.

Called Senate Joint Resolution 4, the resolution wouldn't have been an enforceable law. Had it passed, it would have been a symbolic measure that would have urged drivers not to buy an EV but that would have stopped short of making battery-powered cars illegal. The date wasn't chosen at random: 2035 is when a small group of states following California's lead plans to make gasoline-powered cars illegal.

The text pointed out a number of issues with electric cars: it noted that EVs aren't suited to Wyoming's roads due to the state's vastness and to the lack of a charging infrastructure, and it added that improving the infrastructure will "require massive amounts of new power generation in order to sustain the misadventure of electric vehicles." It also said that oil and gas production has "long been one of Wyoming's proud and valued industries" and that "countless jobs" depend on both sectors — idling production facilities will consequently slash numerous jobs.

[​IMG]