"Ooops... I did it again!" A little more drag racing action, this time utilizing a "Cockpit cam"!

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by gostro, Sep 29, 2021.

1. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

Lucas Oil Raceway, 9-23-21 - 9/26/21

Found out just how quick those hellcats are, but my 1320 held it's own pretty well. Came within 0.155 seconds of the 12-second winner for the Dodge/Mopar Hemi Shootout. Lost in round #1 on my buy-in to the additional bracket races on Sunday, to some awesome old-school MOPAR muscle. Improved on everything, including down to a .054 light on my final run of the weekend, vs. the old MOPAR. Also, cracked into the 11's for the first time. It can only get better from here!

On shootout time trial #3, my Dad snuck in a rubber ducky that someone put on his jeep. He wound up in the back window.

20210925_165948.jpg

Screenshot_20210927-112307_Dolphin~01.jpg

70-426_10-SRT likes this.
  2. gostro

70-426_10-SRT and NC20RT like this.
  3. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed them very much, and you are right, those Hellcats are insane!

70-426_10-SRT and gostro like this.
  4. gostro

Thanks, man! I'm heading for one more day of racing in a couple of weeks. So, you'll probably be seeing more soon. I'm having the time of my life!

NC20RT likes this.
  5. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Thanks for posting. It brought back memories of when I did a test & tune several years back. It's a rush!

gostro likes this.
  6. gostro

It is! I'm loving it! Wish I could go every weekend haha! And all of this, with a full factory warranty on a car that's made to do it. It doesn't get much better than that!

7. bobbymac

bobbymac Full Access Member

Gostro,,, Have not wrote you in awhile.. Lets just say I was sic for a long time - better now...You gave me alot of good info last time. I forgot to ask you , what RPM'S you come off the line at with the stock tires?? One track within my reach lets a stock care run with slicks. I'll plan on that as soon as I get a trailer...
    Don't think I have much over 100 miles on my 1320. Have not been driving it much. lol bobbymac

gostro likes this.
  8. gostro

Bobby - dang! You still have to get to at least 500 to even take it out to the track! :grd:

As for the launch RPM, I've mostly been going off idle. Tried the trans brake here and there, including recently at the track last weekend, with limited success. It's kind of finicky. Have to practice more, jury is still out on it. In the fast pace of time just before the lights kick off, I never did look down to check the rpm lol. I'm guessing maybe around 1200? I know I've heard others seem to have the best success in the 1000-1500 range. As a sidenote, here's video of me recycling my tires at worldwide technology raceway in Madison, IL last weekend and a picture from the event.

FB_IMG_1652669917347.jpg

70-426_10-SRT likes this.