Paying Homage

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Bacon Sandwich, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Bacon Sandwich

Bacon Sandwich Full Access Member

I decided to play around and I remembered the original cars had the Challenger logo on the front quarter fenders and the V-8 for cars that came with the V-8 that I liked a lot better than the cheap HEMI letters everyone has. So with the wife's hairdryer and some fishing line and a little Goo Gone I stripped the fenders in about 45 minutes. Then I found the original script (not the exact since the original is bolted on and I wanted adhesive so I could take it off if it sucked) and some V-8 letters I liked on the web and today I mounted them using a laser level mounted to my camera tripod to get an even line. The original script was above the fender/body line but with today's much bigger body sides I thought it would make the top section tiny and the bottom look too big so I cheated and moved the script 4" below the line and the V-8 is one more inch down. Cost me about $80 bucks to play around but I like the results and it's something no one else has after looking at hundreds of pics on-line. [​IMG][​IMG]

script 2.jpg

script 1.jpg

2. Bacon Sandwich

[​IMG]

3. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

I definitely like the Challenger script but not loving the V8. I think engine displacement would look better like 392 or 345 or 376 for you Hellcat guys!

4. Bacon Sandwich

The V-8 is the same size as the HEMI was, just not as thick. I had some 1/2" smaller but they looked tiny and lost because of the thickness. Like you said I could hack'em off and put the R/T (maybe too thick) or the 5.7 or whatever, takes about 15 minutes.

5. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Mine is badged kind of uniquely too (including both sides of the hood scoop). The only other badging on the car is the red R/T in the grill. DSC_4032 (2).JPG

Bacon Sandwich likes this.
  6. Bacon Sandwich

I've been thinking of putting the R/T badge where you did that, I grew up with chrome badging and still like it done right

7. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

You need a PentaStar :)

PentaStar.jpg

8. Bacon Sandwich

Damn it, I was going to put one like I had on my '69 Cuda had but I thought no one would get it. Looks sharp tho!

9. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Bacon Sandwich and B5blueRT like this.
  10. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Join the party! Caliper-Pentastar 4-2019 (2).jpeg Pentastar on the fender and an emblem on the spoiler are a must...
    I've gotten a few guys question me on what the gold emblem is but then there are some that notice and really like it.
    Chellenger RT Spoiler Emblem.jpeg

Bacon Sandwich and 70-426_10-SRT like this.