Pedestrian Safety Technology

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by SRT-Tom, Jul 4, 2019.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Full Access Member Article Writer

Starting in 2020, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) will require automakers to have a high-functioning pedestrian and cyclist detection system, as standard equipment on a model, in order for it to earn its most coveted rating- Top Safety Pick Plus.

The IIHS estimates automatic emergency braking will prevent 28,000 crashes and 12,000 injuries by 2025.

Sensors will be located behind the windshield, as opposed to the grill where they could be blinded by snow or rain.

2. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Great , more electrical and computer crap to add to a car.

btw, yesterday , I saw a friend of mine that works for a dealer. and he has this app on his phone that can hook up Bluetooth, to the OBD2 port.

he was able to disable the speed limiter on my 2017 Ram Lonestar. along with taking off the code for the LED backup light bulbs i an using , and adding daytime driving lights, (fog lights)........and activating the window down by using the key fob.

nice to hit the key fob unlock 4 times and the windows roll down :banana-mario:

3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Just to confirm, did he have to plug an adapter/transmitter in the OBD port? I have an adapter that plugs in to any OBD2 port and transmits wifi. I use a phone app to read diagnostic codes, look at logged data and read the different sensors real time. I didn't know there was app for programming.

4. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes, he had a blue tooth adapter to plug in so the phone can link up with the app he used. From what he told me, the app cost $50 plus the adapter cost $25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B5blueRT likes this.