Perspective

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by Hopslayer, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

It's the Adaptive Cruise Control Option. I can use regular cruise control mode or use the ACC. I can set it for 1,2,3 or 4 car lengths and when it senses I am getting to close to a vehicle it will slow down the vehicle until the vehicle in front of me is far enough away for the ACC to bring me up to the speed I had set. Sometimes it's nice when driving on the highway as long as there is not a whole lot of other vehicles around. In a "rush hour" traffic scenario, not so much. It's not available with a manual transmission for obvious reasons. My SXT was fully loaded except for the Blacktop package, but I swapped out the chrome etched grill and chrome fuel door for the blacktop edition ones plus added the Scat Pack spoiler. My next thing to add is the factory T/A ram air hood and ram air intake package. I'm going to have the hood painted the same color as the rest of the car. I don't like the whole matte black hood look.

Hopslayer likes this.
  2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT Full Access Member

Was looking at that,
    but what 17” wheels will clear the SRT Brembo’s ?
    Also want to find some 3 1/2”-5” for the front for the track that will clear.

3. Golfnut

Golfnut Active Member

I'm late to this discussion; but, don't listen to anyone else. I drove Sebring convertibles for 18 years because I like them. In 2017 I purchased a used 2013 R/T because I wanted to own the car rather than have it own me. With about 35,000 miles on it, I paid less than 50% of sticker. Yes, I could have purchased a new SRT or Hellcat; but, I didn't want to spend the money on them and be making payments that were equal to our mortgage payment. Enjoy your ride.

Hopslayer likes this.
  4. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

I bought a 2017 SXT Plus in June of 2018 with 4100 miles on it. I think I got a good deal. What do you all think would have been a fair price for that car at that time? It is the blacktop package. Thanks

5. Golfnut

Golfnut Active Member

I have honestly never priced one - new or used - so I'd have no idea. However, here's my take on any car purchase. If you got what you wanted to get and you felt the price was fair, what does anyone else's opinion matter. Someone else's idea of a fair price is likely no better than your idea. You purchased what you wanted at a price you probably thought was reasonable; so, that's a fair price. Otherwise you likely would not have bought it. Could you have saved some money buying the same thing somewhere else? Maybe. But, could you have reasonably found the same car with the same features and low miles somewhere else? Maybe, maybe not. Enjoy your ride and don't look back.

Hopslayer likes this.
  6. synoptic12

synoptic12 Full Access Member

Definitely not true. I purchased the 3.6 liter over the hemi because the hemi has MDS whereas some (4) cylinders shut down when at idle, or not using enough h.p. Like my V-6, ample power.
    Dodge Challenger.JPG

Hopslayer likes this.
  7. synoptic12

* The SXT has better mid range torque than the 5.7 liter.

8. synoptic12

* 17 inch wheels would look like ......

9. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Full Access Member Article Writer

That's why I love my 6.1 Hemi- no MDS.

Hopslayer likes this.
  10. synoptic12

* Is the 6.1. the Hellcat?