Prospective owner update

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by gostro, Apr 25, 2013.

1. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

Ok, so I'm sure some of you who read my pervious post were hoping by the title that this was going to be an update with pictures of a PCP SRT8. SADLY, I can't yet provide that! I decided that it's best, financially, to hold off for a while. My new target time frame is around a year from now. As disappointing as it is, I don't want to regret for one second buying the thing. no buyers remorse. The only way to do that is to get more cash together and wait for the right time to come along. I'm sure there will be a right time within the not too distant future, so patience is the key. With all that blabbing done, I've got a few questions -

1) PCP future availability - how much of a certainty is this over the next year? 2014/2015 model years? Any concrete info out there?

2) 6.2 " hellcat" - Is this a 2014 MY thing or more likely a 2015? I keep reading conflicting rumors.

3): New platform/refresh, etc. - Again, conflicting reports, here... what are legit possibilities and what's bogus??

As of now, I'm looking at three options - wait one year no matter what, see what 2014/2015 MY brings, or take a chance in a year on either a used PCP or new one (if i can even find a 2013) option 3 is to forget PCP altogether, pick another color if it's not available. I'm hoping option three will not be my option lol

I guess all the rumors and confusion have gotten me, well, CONFUSED! I anticipated for sure getting a 2013. But, it just hasn't worked in my favor, timing-wise.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  2. jonmandude

jonmandude Full Access Member

Welcome to the world of Chrysler. Information is almost always rumors and guesses until just before release.

Rumors that I have heard is 2014 will have PCP in the palette as well as SubLime. This rumor is supposedly coming from twitter comments by Ralph Gilles.

The 6.2L SC is rumored to be held off until 2015, if at all.

2016 is to be a "refresh" to a slightly smaller chassis. This is the most solid rumor. Chrysler has announced that 2016 will bring a smaller chassis to replace the LX/LC for the 300 and Charger, which would mean the Challenger too.

I am sorry you have decided not to purchase at this time, but your reasons are your own, and I am sure you are doing what is right for you at this time.

3. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

thanks jmd! I can wait a little bit... It sucks royally, though! I thought this summer was going to be the time for my dream car, but nope, not quite yet! After all, next spring/summer will be here before i know it! And i may be able to swing it sooner, for all i know. Right now, though, it's the best decision to wait... I hate to be that realistic with myself, but I have to. I will have my challenger! just you wait! :321::signs6: