R/T Scat Pack vs R/T?

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by 68383, Mar 25, 2017.

1. 68383

68383 Active Member

Spring is coming and I'm officially on the hunt for a Challenger.

I've mainly been looking at '15 / '16 Scat Packs and drove a couple today. Neither of the dealers I went to had R/Ts. When I asked the salesmen to back up their statements that "the Scat Pack is significantly better," I basically got the car lot equivalent of, "because I said so."

My real question is if the additional power and handling is that significant that it warrants the extra when it comes to the price tag.

Any opinions? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Full Access Member

The Scat Pack has the 485 hp 6.4 engine that was exclusively available in the expensive SRT. The engine in the standard R/T is the 375 hp 5.7 engine.

It all depends on how fast you want to go. For most owners, the 5.7 is more than adequate for street use. In the quarter mile, however, the 6.4 will be at least 1 second or more faster. This equates to over a 10 car length advantage.

If I were buying a Challenger, I would buy a Scat Pack. It is, by far, a real performance bargain.

You should drive both models before you decide. I think that the 6.4's 110 hp difference will convince you!

2017 Dodge Challenger - Performance Features

3. 68383

68383 Active Member

I drove both this week. The Scat Pack was a whole different animal. I'm sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk