Radio issue - skipping, tuning, changing on its own

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Jukonion, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jukonion

Jukonion Member

Hi all,

FYI, I have a 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T.

These last two weeks I have had an issue of not being able to enjoy music in my car due to something I assume has to be with the electrical or radio system.

- I first noticed it when I had my Iphone 7 hooked up via USB and songs on both Spotify and Pandora started skipping to the next song randomly. Not even a few seconds of music before next song, lol.

- I thought maybe USB issue so I had it connect via Bluetooth and the same issue persisted.

- I said f'it lets see if its auto tuning to the next station (skipping songs via electrical) if this is potentially true then the radio station should be also not working and not a phone problem.
    -- I tried listening to the Radio and then it would start to change stations via the tune function.
    (I.E. - it was on FM 102.5 the radio was playing for a few seconds and then it changes to 102.7 and all static / interference sounds).

There may be other issues too, but this is all I have noticed so far. I am going to contact the dealer I think and most likely have to take it in, but figured someone here may know or heard of this issue.

2. Jukonion

Jukonion Member

Just for reference,

I ended up taking my car in to the Dealership. They confirmed the Radio was bad and was auto-tuning / skipping forward on it's own. They do not know the cause, so there is a new radio being ordered.

If you go in they will have you potentially check the compatibility of your phone and version of the phone software you are using. Luckily, I did some base debugging on my own to ensure my phone wasn't the root cause. Sucks I have to wait for a new radio, hopefully the replacement is faultless!