Replacement Parts

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by SRT-Tom, Aug 21, 2022.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

With the Challenger and the Hemi engine being discontinued after 2023, many wonder how long replacement parts will be available.

I am not worried. There must be parts while a car is under the original warranty. However, there is no law or regulation saying 10 years, although it's often widely quoted.

Since the majority of parts on 2015+ models are the same, Dodge will continue to produce parts that can be used to replace the older ones. Also, with over 500,000 Challengers built, since 2008, there will likely be a huge market. The one concern would be electronic modules.

Here are some comments from Hemmings.

Ask a Hemmings Editor: How long do carmakers have to provide... | Hemmings

2. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

It's a worthy point, however I can't remember the last time I bought a part from a dealer.

3. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

The aftermarket for these cars will last a long time, as people continue to enjoy and modify their Challengers for more fun and speed, especially after the warranties run out.

Being able to buy an 8000 dollar body-in-white and yank all the parts off another car that is kind of pretzeled and end up with some cut-rate upgrades will appeal to some who really like the from-the-ground-up process of building a hot rod.

For those types of people, can you imagine going all George Kozmoski or however you spell his name from the House of Kolor) on it?

A car that has the very shade you really like from interior floor panels all the way to rooftop outside? What? Can't get semi-incandescent glowing metallic orange gold in this model year from Chrysler? Just throw it all on a body-in-white and build yourself a car!

The best work to be done on a Challenger is only getting started.

In FACT, you could piece together the options and interior you wanted from a few wrecked Challengers.

4. fritzthecat

fritzthecat Full Access Member

“Supply and Demand” is not just a theory.

A while back, I had a ‘68 Chevelle. You can still buy almost any part you want for that car. Literally, any part. They’re popular cars, like all the GM A-bodies, and people keep them running.

These modern Challengers are at least as popular, probably more so, and I have to think that demand for replacement parts will be high for decades.

5. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

Only problem that there is…. Folks who have bought the life time warranty. I know of one person who has a 2011 toxic Orange charger rt. They had a seat track go out on it and they had to resort to find one from a wrecking yard. It had power seats and that part is not available anymore. My son has a 2016 ram 4x4. He has the lifetime warranty on it and won’t trade it in because of that. 150,000+ miles on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

i too have a lifetime warranty car in my fleet, and have seen similar things dis coed also.

7. Karie

Karie Member

I usually bought my parts here.

8. gary rubin

gary rubin Member

That is a very good question. One is why I had to part with my 1999 Prowler very very reluctantly. No parts and what is available is outrageous. Electronic parts are almost nothing. Not able to be rebuilt. I called all over USA just to get spare but answer was the same sorry no
    TCM not existent unless used at 1500 plus. PCM don’t ask. Windshield 7/8 grand when you can get from a wreck. I can go on and on

as for our Challengers. I’m guessing used parts will be available. However if you have a rare one that you are just going to keep I STRONGLY advise to buy the important electronics now at a cheaper price. TCM. PCM etc If you decide to sell those parts will be like gold

9. baccaruda

baccaruda Full Access Member

I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger R/T W/lifetime warranty w/bumper to bumper and the dash lights quit working , which in the warranty brochure it spells out that it is covered, Mopar does not offer a replacement no longer and aftermarket does not either as of yet and i told the dealer just pick me up one at a junk yard . Mopar said how this works is if Mopar does no longer make a replacement or aftermarket does not either . I contacted Chrysler they told me that is how all the warranty parts works and i am on my own. so you can buy a Instrument Cluster EL Inverter from a guy in another country from eBay . i did not like the looks of there part, so i just sent my cluster out and they rebuilt my cluster had it back the same week . so thats not true in my case . so keep that in mind.....I thought the same thing. You would think for someone that has bought over 20 + new Chrysler products over my lifetime they would be more flexible than that. Again if it was the old American Chrysler Corporation i bet i would have been taking care of!

10. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

That sounds like a good personal AND investment strategy.