Scat Pack

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Jim B, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Jim B

Jim B New Member

I’m not currently a Challenger owner, but I’m looking into a Scat Pack Challenger. What’s the chassis difference between a Scat Pack and a Hellcat challenger? Clearly one is supercharged and the other isn’t, but it’s my intention to buy a Challenger with Scat Pack option and installing a ProTech supercharger and build a sleeper.

2. KEVIN DONOVAN

KEVIN DONOVAN Full Access Member

Waste of money. There's a number of changes Dodge makes to the Hellcat to handle the 700+ horsepower. You want a sleeper? Buy a Hellcat and rebadge it as an R/T.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jim B likes this.
  3. Jim B

Jim B New Member

What changes/differences are you talking about? Brakes, suspension?

4. KEVIN DONOVAN

KEVIN DONOVAN Full Access Member

As I recall, the rear diff is different. The axles. Pretty sure the transmission and driveshaft are different too.
    Bottom line, if you take a Scat Pack and up the power output to around 700, you're guaranteed to break some drivetrain components pretty quick. Especially if you take it to the track.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jim B likes this.
  5. Jim B

Jim B New Member

Appreciate your input. I’m looking to buy used and trying to find a used hellcat that hasn’t been abused or raced would be pretty tough in my area.