Some nasty comments in here about Hemi owners.

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by NC20RT, Mar 17, 2021.

1. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

2. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Early in the article he definitely shows contempt for the car but by the end he seems more professional. The police chief certainly has no love of the Challenger for sure. He likely feels the same about all muscle cars. Odd, considering most cops I’ve known love and or own a muscle car of some sort. Unfortunately, there’s always going to be stories about morons getting in accidents while driving a car that’s obviously too powerful for them.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  3. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I agree. This was his closing paragraph:

"Certain groups like to blame the cars, not the drivers, then punish everyone for a few people’s poor decisions. All enthusiasts need to keep this in mind and stay aware. Also, don’t do stupid things on public roads because it fuels this nonsense. Please."

4. Katshot

It’s a good example of how so many internet based publications will employ writers with rather dubious credentials. This guy would never write for one of the more respected companies like Car and Driver or Road and Track among others.

Octane likes this.
  5. Octane

Octane Full Access Member

I know of a few Camaro fanboys too,that think every other muscle car is crap except for their plastic ''can't see out of'' pos."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2021
  6. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I sat in a friend's new Camaro and could not believe how cramped I was in it. One auto magazine compared the windshield view like a slit in a Normandy D-Day bunker!

Octane likes this.
  7. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^^ It's interesting how the perceptions are so different from folks. Before my R/T I test drove new Camaros twice at the Greenville Auto Show and enjoyed them very much in both performance and interior space. I agree about the blind spots completely but they were actually better than my Trans Am convertible so I was used to it. When I drove the Challenger (also twice to make sure) it just blew me away and I really wanted it, while the Camaro was almost too similar to my C6 LS3 and even my 20 year old Trans Am. Enough of GM for me. I wanted the Dodge A LOT in comparison. As I've mentioned many times in these threads, it really brought me back to my old Mopar days. A 'must have' for me, especially with the options (Shaker, etc...).

8. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

Mustangs aren't any better.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2021
  9. Katshot

Couldn’t agree more! I had been shopping for a couple years for a car to replace my ‘03 Cobra convertible but the new Mustangs and Camaros left me cold. Finally, out of shear desperation I drove a Challenger R/T with a 6-speed. Completely fell in love! Like you said, it totally took me back to the old muscle car days. Had to have one!

NC20RT likes this.
  10. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

i first sat in the new camaro back in 2010 when they came out, I had already bought my 1st challenger and was pleased with the room. when I sat in that camaro I felt I was crammed in there like a dam pilot. head hit the roof and you could not see out of it. so I was glad i had my challenger.my wife on the other hand went through her phase with mustangs, first one was a 2005 fastback and another one a 2007 convertible. I felt more comfortable in that one. but after the novelty wore off , we traded it for a 2001 challenger SE rally.

btw, the back seat in my 67 camaro Z28 had more room than the new ones. you look at the new ones it is a glorified beer cooler holder.