Tail of the Dragon time in the Challenger

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by NC20RT, Jun 17, 2021.

1. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

We just went on Tuesday and bought 6 photos from Killboy and 129photos. I have two downloaded and will share them here in the meantime. A beautiful day and actually quite busy for mid-week. We never go on the weekends.
    It was the usual situation with most folks driving responsibly. No law enforcement seen on the Dragon but they sure were active on the roads leading to it, especially the NC side. We saw a caravan of Porsches, Lambos, and Corvettes blow by us at 90+ and I told my wife they better have the latest radar detectors. Apparently not as they all were pulled over a few miles further down. The trooper in the Hemi Charger was busy writing. There were others pulled over as well in different areas.
    Our R/T was in Sport Mode for the entire 11 miles and 318 curves and the shifting was just flawless. I was so impressed, and that exhaust note is so sweet. A fun day. I'll post the other photos soon.

3305869 small.jpg 3305892 small.jpg

David J, 70-426_10-SRT and 68MOPAR like this.
  2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Sweet... your car looks great in those photos. You mentioned the exhaust note, I don't remember from other posts, do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

NC20RT likes this.
  3. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

The stock exhaust on 2017+ is a beautiful thing, especially in Sport mode. 2.75" cats back.

NC20RT likes this.
  4. 68MOPAR

Do you not find that the oil temps run hotter when cruising in sport mode? What is the RPM differential, sport vs city mode?

5. Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran Full Access Member

I am over near Hickory, let me know if you go again. I might join you - well if you want the company :)

I know when my wife and I go cruising we usually like to be alone :)

6. NC20RT

We haven't been going as much lately as our 60+ year old bodies feel the motion more than ever. My wife is a roller coaster gal but even now she feels the curves more than ever. We actually go more for the photos than the ride itself, even though we incorporate the Cherohala Skyway as part of our day drive. Whenever we go again I'll certainly keep you in mind. It's fun for us to share our drive.

7. NC20RT

The RPM's are definitely 'up there' in Sport mode but I can't tell you the numbers. Always over 2000 RPM for sure whereas the city mode can be in the mid teens. The shifting is so precise it just amazes me. No way could I shift a manual as well as what the computer does.
    Oil temps I didn't even look. Sorry.

68MOPAR likes this.
  8. NC20RT

Thank you so much! :)
    The exhaust is all stock. I personally would not like it louder. I bought the car new in November and I'm still pinching myself that this amazing exhaust note is stock. Dodge nailed it. :hail:

9. NC20RT

More photos are here. The shutter speed of the cameras makes the car look like it is stopped. We are probably doing about 30 in the photos. I go a little slower on purpose when I see them on the side snapping away.

3305867 small.jpg 3305893 small.jpg 3305868 small.jpg

70-426_10-SRT and 68MOPAR like this.
  10. 68MOPAR

Do you stay in sport mode, topped-out in 8th gear? I shift to auto-stick (8th) gear while cruising the interstate, so that the MDS is deactivated.