The already discussed which ATF to put in TR6060 to decrease or rid of notchiness... here we go.

Discussion in 'Challenger Mechanical Problems Forum | TSB's' started by Numba20, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Numba20

Numba20 New Member

I know its been drug through the mud... i have been researching for the last couple of weeks and have found no conclusive answer that i like. here's where I'm at. 2015 scat pack challenger. 6.4, m6. 28,000 miles. it's now 600 miles into its 3rd tranny. all replaced under factory warranty. yay, but im not satisfied with the trans. I plan on doing a barton shifter. but even with that, these sychros just suck. I know the vipers, corvettes, camaros, chargers and challengers all have the tr6060 but strictly speaking for the chargers and challenger, bc all others use different synchros, what fluid has made them behave the best? what fluids have made them worse than they were?
    I had read a thread where some people would praise RP sychromax, and redline D4, says it shifts like butter now, but those fluids are not recommended and will undoubtedly kill the synchros over time. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to mess with stuff. and i get the feeling that many of those kinds of guys are commenting throwing these unapproved fluids out there.

i am considering:
    Royal Purple MAX ATF
    Amsoil Torque Drive
    Redline C+

and any other that you all have had luck with.

2. Numba20

Numba20 New Member

on a side note, i have a hum or whine i would assume its from the diff, but i cannot confirm. it hasnt changed with any of the trans ive had in the car. its not crazy loud and changes with speed but not as much as one would think from a diff that is about to fail. i dont notice it as much in the lower gears. mainly 5th and 6th. it only happens when i apply gas. even slightly. if i let off, it goes away. Part of me thinks it could be an electronic noise. the throttle body is electronic no? anyone else experience this noise? do all of the scat pack m6 guys reading this have this noise?

3. 1/9 The Walking Dead

1/9 The Walking Dead Member

I am having that same problem sounds like the diff 2013 5.7 six speed