The Dragon claims another knucklehead

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by NC20RT, Oct 21, 2021.

1. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

Larry St Denis and Cloverdale like this.
  2. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Wow!

Another example of having more money than sense or talent.

NC20RT likes this.
  3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Definitely Ferrari drivers... flipped up collars on their polo shirts and skinny pants. Muscle car guys hit cruise ins and car shows dressed in their favorite "car" Tee shirt with the sleeves cut off. :)
    Isn't there a specific speed limit (ie: slow) on the Tail of the Dragon since so many different types of drivers cruise it?

NC20RT likes this.
  4. NC20RT

^^^ For the most part, 25 - 40 mph is the 'norm' that we see for cars. There are a few minor 'straights' that you can quickly hit 55 or 60 but very briefly and you have to brake hard before the next curve.

The 'bikes' are another situation entirely as some of the sports bikes scream through the entire length. You use the new pullouts (built in the 2000's) for those guys to pass. The large Harleys though go even slower than the cars. They almost have to or they scrape the underside.

It's a wonderful time for 99.8% of all the traffic. You certainly hear about the fools that think they are Kyle Larson of today or AJ Foyt of yesteryear. My wife and I always have fun as part of a full day of travelling the area and including the Cherohala Skyway as well. We did our first run in the 90's (before the pullouts) in a 1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula. When we moved to NC in 2002 we probably have done the run about 2 dozen times not counting the car club events. Just NEVER on a weekend during peak season when it actually can be 'stop and go' traffic.

5. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

LOL. Can't see even the skinny pants guy crawling out of the side we're viewing in the picture (amazing that only his ego was possibly injured).

B5blueRT and NC20RT like this.
  6. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

A friend of mine wrecked his 2016 viper a few months back, entered one turn too fast and the front tires didn’t hook up. Totaled it . He paid $65,000 for the viper. His insurance paid out $95,000 so he bought a 2017 viper…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. RGC440

RGC440 Member

My wife and I were on the Dragon that day, 10/20/21. We thought he did this just for us. We came all the way from Tulsa, OK. Tried to post a picture of our Challenger, but it shows a security error.

8. NC20RT

^^^ I really like seeing the Challenger photos on the Dragon. Did you try finding your car on one of the photographer's sites? They usually work OK even without buying it. Just low resolution, etc...

9. RGC440

RGC440 Member

Still no luck.

Killroy, 10/20/21, page 3, 12.59

10. NC20RT