They Caught Me

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by Hopslayer, Aug 5, 2019.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Full Access Member Article Writer

You're lucky. I live in the NJ suburbs and every small town has an aggressive police force. I cannot ride more than 5 minutes in any direction and see 3-4 police cars and radar traps.

IntimidatorRT likes this.
  2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I spent a lot of time at our corporate office in Iselin, NJ back in the 80's and 90's and I know what you mean. Cops were everywhere as we drove through various small townships south of there. I've been lucky, driving 47 years, no tickets, never been pulled over. I better go knock on some wood so I don't jinx myself.

IntimidatorRT likes this.
  3. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

Same here in WV. A lot of little towns with speed traps everywhere so the cops can make their quota. 45 minutes from Pittsburgh people drive 75 and 80 mph and the cops just sit there.

B5blueRT likes this.
  4. DVDale

DVDale New Member

Got busted last Friday pulling onto I70 outside of KC, doing 85 in a 70. I think the KHP Trooper was so shocked to pull over a 66yr old guy in a Challenger RT that he decided to give me a lecture instead of a ticket. He asked; "Does this have a HEMI???" "Sure Does!" I proudly replied. He proceeded to tell me that that's entirely too much HP for anything but a race car and on and on. I said; "But officer it's the little HEMI." He just shook his head and said slow it down... so I did... for a few miles.

5. SRT-Tom

Sounds like your traffic stop was similar to this one.

Golfnut, Hopslayer and B5blueRT like this.
  6. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

Awesome.

7. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

What an @55! I hate cops! Instead of pulling people over why aren't they out catching a drug dealer, rapist, or child molester?????? And when you need one, they take 30 minutes to get there!!!!!

8. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

There’s no profit in catching a burglar, child molester, etc. A small town bar near me was robbed 7 times in 2 years and the cops never caught who did it, but if you’re under 21 in that town and pop open a beer, they’ll be on you like flies on shit for the fine money.

B5blueRT likes this.
  9. SRT-Tom

That's the truth! My son got nabbed in college, on the sidewalk, from going from one frat house to another with an open can of beer.

Hopslayer likes this.
  10. Golfnut

Golfnut Member

What's funny (odd) is when I made my living traveling a 5 or 6 state territory as a sales rep, I was always driving on at least 1 speeding ticket and sometimes 2. I did this for 17 years; so, I have no idea how many tickets I had over that span. I'd guess 22 or 23. In Illinois, the 3rd moving violation within 12 months lets you lose your license for 1 year; so when I received the 2nd one I had to be careful for the balance of the 12 months. Anyway, I was 54 when I changed jobs and got off the road for a living. I continued to still get speeding tickets every once in a while UNTIL....I turned 60. After that I simply got warning tickets with 1 exception. With that ticket (12/22/09) I got an apology from the cop. He said because of the holidays he had to issue a ticket to every car he stopped. I was doing 71 in a 55. Not a problem. 10 months later when I got stopped for another 71 in a 55 and not coming to a complete stop at a 4-way stop, I got a warning for the rolling stop, a warning for 64 in a 55, and a warning for not having my driver's license with me. He never said a thing about not having my seat belt on. Nice cop.