Touchscreen working intermittently

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Amy Corrigan, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Amy Corrigan

Amy Corrigan New Member

My 2018 Challenger R/T has been having sporadic touchscreen issues. Sometimes it will turn off and on several times while driving. Yesterday it kept jumping from my Bluetooth on phone to the radio to the satellite radio. I shut the engine off and disconnected the Bluetooth and cranked it back up and that solved that problem. Not sure if I should schedule a service visit or wait till the problem becomes more consistent. Thank you!!

96C1E914-802D-49D2-BC5A-4CBA947D19CB.jpeg

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Are you the original owner or know if the 3 year warranty is still valid? Sometimes a late 2018 or early 2019 in-service date when the car was first purchased might show some warranty is left.
    The unit is expensive to replace. I'd get it looked at sooner than later. All the supply chain issues could make these harder to get over time.
    Also verify you're running the latest software update. I'm not sure what it is for a 2018.

3. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Screen delaminations is a known issue with the 2018-ish radio screens.

If you're out of warranty, reach out to @DodgeCares and NICELY ask for their help.

Dodge Cares helped a buddy of mine get his replaced in his 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 when he was just barely out of warranty.

B5blueRT likes this.