tpms advice please....

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by LEGENDARY70, Jan 10, 2021.

1. LEGENDARY70

LEGENDARY70 Full Access Member

Hello all.

OK. Long story short. Right side driver rear rim had a hair line fracture. I took it to get fixed and when I picked up the car I noticed the sensor kept saying 29 psi. I drove straight to discount tire and had all four tires checked and aired up to 40. Left Dt and about 5 miles later the 29 went to two dashes. letting me know that the guy forgot to put on the sensor after fixing rim. So went back got it installed and went back to dt to put 40 in that tire. Drove around for about 10 miles just to see if sensor would start letting me know if it ws working. Well.....it came on but then at the same time the passenger front sensor now has two lines and not sensing. what in the world happened? the other three were working fine. that tire was not touched. any advice thx.

2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Maybe a coincidence? How old are your sensors? The batteries only last for 5-10 years (typically 6). To avoid problems, TPMS sensors should be replaced with OEM ones, made by Schrader.

3. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Well I have had 2 Brand New Schrader's fail on my 2010
    One after 1 month, 1 after 4 months
    They should have made the Batteries replaceable with 2032's
    so we could keep the original OEM TPMS

But as Mother Mopar wants us to replace our cars ever 1-2 years. . . .

CR2023-3V_Battery.jpg