Traction control

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by 863RT, Apr 20, 2021.

1. 863RT

863RT New Member

So I've got a 13 challenger rt with the auto and the sport button. How do I turn off the traction control all the way off? I've tried pressing and holding the button for a long period of time. Tried popping the push button out and turning the key to start while driving over 15 mph. Any other methods known or does some just lack the ability?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  2. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Unless you have an R/T Plus or a Classic, you can't fully turn the traction control off. You can, however, wire in a switch or get a Tazer to do it.

3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Welcome to the forum. Post a photo or two and a few details when you get a chance.
    I have a 15 RT Plus so I can turn off traction control using the sport button. Yeah, you'll want to get a switch to turn it off, you'll be glad you did. (Or so I'm told :D:D)

4. 863RT

863RT New Member

My ladies... Any links on how/where to wire the switch into?

Car is a 13 auto. I've added exhaust and cold air intake so far. I've got eibach sportline springs and their pro damper kit for it but won't get them on till this weekend. Jazz blue. Stock wheels for now but not for long. Debating on the whole 114.3 on 115 scenario before I decide on which wheels I want.
    Really appreciate any insight on how to wire the switch. I want all the power all the time. [​IMG]

B5blueRT likes this.
  5. 863RT

863RT New Member

Hot damn... once I had a lead I sniffed out the answer. Ill be performing this mod tomorrow. Does it prevent the car from pulling timing from the engine during a spin. I may spray this car someday and timing changing itself can be very disastrous while the bottle is on.

6. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

Shift into park, and hold the traction control button down until you hear a beep. This usually takes about 7 to 10 seconds... Once done, traction control is 100% disengaged.