What a surprise!

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Ed Bandics, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Ed Bandics

Ed Bandics Full Access Member

Today Nov. 25, while sitting in my black '15 Challenger R/T Plus "Shaker" in a Wegman's parking lot eating a slice of pizza, a large Nisson (Suburban size) parked about 3 spaces from me. The side door slid open and out jumped 3 young lads ages about 8-11 yo. The last boy stood on the door jamb with this gazed look on his face. When they passed in front of my car the boy just couldn't take his eyes off my car. His mother came over to my window and asked if she could take a picture of her son with my car. She said her son was in love with my car. A future Moparian I suspect.

B5blueRT and 70-426_10-SRT like this.
  2. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Had a 12-14 year old come up to me and ask me

"What version of Mustang is that? It's Cool"

I just told him SRT, look it up.

2017 Redline HC likes this.
  3. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

I love how young kids heads turn as you drive by. If I see that they looked excited I’lll give a quick stomp on the pedal to make their day.

70-426_10-SRT likes this.
  4. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

They are attention getters alright! Had a guy pull up next to me yesterday in traffic and start asking me if I had installed a body kit on my car. I told him no, that it was from the factory. He just wasn't believing that my car was stock. He was sure that only the Demon came with flares. I told him to look up Challenger Scat Pack Widebody.

5. TRCM

TRCM Full Access Member

When I was a kid, I knew all the muscle cars and who made them.....could even tell you what the car was and usually the model year by the headlights or tail-lights at night too...

Kids these days don't seem to be into them as much....

Bacon Sandwich likes this.
  6. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Good for you! It's so easy to be nice to kids, yet so few people take the time.

About a year ago at a Cruise-In, a young man - probably about 7 or 8 - came by with his family and kept staring at my car from every angle. Truth is that it's just a stock 2015 SRT 392. The Dad said that his son has a thing for Challengers and the Mom added that she guessed that the color really caught his eye because he dragged them across the parking lot. I'm not a "get off my lawn" kind of guy and don't obsess about finger prints at Cruise-Ins. (That's why Mother's makes Showtime Detailer.) It totally made my day when the boy lit up like a Christmas tree when I opened the door and invited him to sit behind the wheel.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2020
    NC20RT, B5blueRT and Ed Bandics like this.
  7. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I totally agree and try to do the same thing when I'm at cruise-ins with either my Challenger or 69 Camaro. You really make a kid's day by letting 'em sit behind the wheel. I've even taken their photo standing next to the car and emailed or texted it to the parent when they didn't have their phone or camera with them.
    Anything to keep the interest and hobby alive.

NC20RT and Wizard of Iz like this.