What was your first car?

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by FrankenMax, Aug 12, 2017.

1. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

I had a 85 s10 standard cab short box. I bought it from a neighbor when I was fourteen. I spent two years tinkering on it and stuffed a 355 with TH400 in it. I toasted the 355 roller in it because the oil pump failed. Then my dad built a 383 nitrous motor for my best friends dad before he went on vacation in Europe, little did he know the motor was actually for me. When he came home and found the motor in my truck and not a El Comino, he was not happy. He was pissed when he found out Ron took us to the street machine nations in Duquoin IL, where I ran the piss out of the thing. My dad is a motor builder in the winter when he's not farming. He refused to build me a motor. He was just being dad I suppose. But good times I sold the truck in 2010. I didn't drive it much on the street it was mostly a track car after the new motor. I got tired of seeing it sit when I was in college then I got married. You know the story.

The flat out funniest moment I had In that thing was with my dad. We jumped in it to go in to town for something and he started laughing. I couldn't figure out what was so funny then he spilled it. There was a foot print on the inside of the windshield. He knew what was up. All he said was I'm to young to be a grandpa. I was 17 I think not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 13OrngChallRT

13OrngChallRT Full Access Member

My first car was a '73 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme, special ordered with a 455. The quietest mufflers, rally rims, automatic and it screamed from one gas station to the next. I would turn over the air cleaner lid so you could hear the waterfall of gas flowing. AM radio with 5 buttons being the 70's I had to add a cb with big antenna. It was Candy Maroon loved that car.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

1995 Chevy single cab truck. Loved that thing. Even to the point of my looking for it a couple of years ago, and found out it was in a salvage yard. :(

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Full Access Member

1963 Plymouth Belvedere.

belevedere.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  5. challengerone

challengerone Member

I'll take you back a little further. 1940 Pontiac business coupe. My Dad surprised me with this car. It came from a neighbor farmer lady who had Dad service the car for her as needed. It was 14 yrs old when I got it with 40M miles. $150.00. Well kept by her over the yrs. I ran it thru my school yrs. & it got passed on around 1965 to another younger whippersnapper.

13OrngChallRT likes this.
  6. chithead

chithead Full Access Member

1987 Honda Accord DX Hatchback

[​IMG]

7. FrankenMax

FrankenMax Full Access Member

Sounds like there's quite a broad spectrum of pavement sleds. My dad always said you'll love your first and hate your last. Time will tell I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk