Whatcha going to do when they come for you?

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by stingray, Sep 18, 2021.

1. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

I can see it for undercover work but not for everyday patrol vehicles. Computers, radios, emergency lights, etc... would drain the batteries even quicker. Some day perhaps but not even close yet to being feasible in the real world.

B5blueRT and 70-426_10-SRT like this.
  3. stingray

I looked at the CHP cruiser which is a Dodge Charger with the V6 Penstar engine. Patrolman told me top end on it is 150 MPH. He has forward radar and rear radar. In the trunk he slid out a tray of different radios and a scanner. Lots of electronics, computer and antennas on roof and all added weight. He said the Dodge Chargers have been pretty reliable unlike what Consumer Reports says it's a very unreliable car. He said they get a few lemons.

NC20RT likes this.
  4. NC20RT

No Hemi police Charger in California? That kinda stinks for the cops.
    No surprise about Consumer Reports. They usually hate American muscle or anything V8. I remember the solid black marks (which meant 'poor' back in the 90's anyway) for my 1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula and 2001 Trans Am. I had very few problems with either car and I still own the T/A to this day. CR were the leaders of fake news, like most of the lamestream media.

5. stingray

The CHP is on constraint (budget). Yes Consumer Reports has always had it out for American cars. But the Challenger at one point did get a recommendation from them for the 5.7 engine as well as the Buick.

NC20RT likes this.
  6. NC20RT

^^ Now that's impressive. Praise for an American V8 is something I never thought I would see.