Why You Should Drive Your Challenger

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by SRT-Tom, Oct 5, 2016.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Challengers, especially SRTs, should not be garage queens.

This photo illustrates why.

Attached Files:

2. Nikdom

Nikdom Active Member

yes, it looks very cutely

3. chithead

chithead Full Access Member

I feel the exact same way! Of course, some, "purists" may disagree, but not paying what we are a month to not drive her. Bought in April, already have 15,000 miles on the clock, and still climbing!!!

4. Golfnut

Golfnut Active Member

I know a lot of folks bought these cars to keep them in the garage hoping for appreciation over the years. I feel fortunate to be 71 years old. I don't have enough years left - at least years of driving - to hope I made an investment that will gain in value. Thus, my only reasonable option is to drive it. If the temps are 60° F and higher and the sun is shining, I'll be in my Sebring convertible with the top down. Any other weather and I'll be firmly planted in the Challenger.

5. soonercruiser

soonercruiser Full Access Member

I bought her, to enjoy her!
    The car!
    :)

6. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

I originally bought my 2009 Challenger SRT to replace my 1971 340 'Cuda, which became a highly collectible car.

I doubt, however, that my Challenger will appreciate like my 'Cuda since over 500,000 have been built, over the past 10 years, and too many are garage queens.

7. Sablelieger

Sablelieger Member

I wont argue with that. Cars like ours deserve to be driven; Mine is only 3-4 mos old and has gone from Tucson, AZ to El Paso, TX to the East and to Sedona, Flagstaff and Monument Valley up north through parts of Route 66. Next up? Dallas, TX and Las Vegas, NV.

Tillman7777 likes this.
  8. spyhard54

spyhard54 Member

I drive mine as much as possible. I do want to keep it a lot of years. Not interested in upgrading to Hellcat or a Demon, prices way out of reach for me.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

That's where I think alot of those "Rich guys that buy the car and sit on them" come from, as they think it will have some worth in the future. Most are rich and have the money to burn. I'm not that way and would drive anything I buy alot.

10. 13OrngChallRT

13OrngChallRT Full Access Member

Even if I was Rich I would have to drive my cars. Wished I had a nice garage to keep it in. Maybe one day...maybe. When I get behind the wheel the smile across my face all can see. I love it more each day.