Wide body or not

Discussion in 'Prospective Challenger Owners Forum' started by Mark_k, May 23, 2021.

1. Mark_k

Mark_k New Member

Looking to order a scat pack shaker. Going back and forth between wide body or regular. I like the 305’s that come on the wide body and the upgraded suspension. What I’m not really a fan of is the 6k up charge for the wide body package. Will adding the dynamic package to the regular bring the suspension to a similar level? Will put 305’s on the regular if that route, just wanting to get the most power to the ground. Thanks

2. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

The Wide Body look is growing on me ... but I'm not totally sold. At least not enough to lay out an extra $6K.

The adaptive suspension is pretty darn good and it's available as an option on the R/T Scat Packs.

And, a buddy of mine has 305s on the rear of his 2018 Challenger SRT 392 "normal" body. Definitely hooks up.

3. mjm

mjm Member

I ordered my 2020 6sp with the Dynamics and the Adaptive Suspension, I went with the non-wide body more for the Brass Monkey Wheel option, but I don't have any issue with the 275/40 hooking up.

4. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

It's such a personal question involving so many factors that only YOU can decide. It's BIG $$$ for most of us so that influences decisions as well.
    From my point of view, and this is me, with one lousy opinion, these cars are massive compared to my current Pontiac and Ford muscle cars. I don't want an even wider car. I also don't worry about putting more power to the ground like you want. I've floored my car less than a dozen times since I bought it new in November. Yes, I love the wonderful acceleration this 5.7 R/T offers but planting my foot to the floor just doesn't happen often.
    I will say the Shaker is a super choice as I really like mine despite the issue of adding oil to the engine. I get many :waytogo: :waytogo: but even then other Challenger owners think they suck. Too many opinions for such an expensive purchase.
    Good luck with everything and I hope the 'chip' shortage doesn't affect your choice.

5. mikeT

mikeT Full Access Member

Widebody.UGH UGLY!!

6. mickey

mickey New Member

I have a 2020 scat wide body, you cant match a 5.7 to the 6.4 . the 6 k for the wide body is worth every cent. it is not 1 option . Of course he is ok with his 5.7 it has less horses. get the wide body you wont be disappointed. I had a 2017 non wide body 6.4 scat with the smaller tires , no comparison to the 305 tires that come on the wide body but its your money and your car . best of luck

7. menarda

menarda Member

I've owned a 2015 scatpack shaker 6-speed with 275's, strut tower brace, subframe connectors, for 6 years and a 2020 scatpack shaker widebody auto for 6 months with only a strut tower brace, and can easily say the 2020 widebody is another level above the legacy body. The 2020 handles way better than the 2015 and hooks up way better. I also think the widebodies in general look meaner from the rear and the sides. I wasn't a fan initially, but they grew on me.

In my opinion the widebody is a way better car and worth the $6K price. I'd recommend test driving both at your trusted local dealer and make your own decision. If the price is a show stopper then you could always wait until late summer or Christmas when the discounts come out and get something off the lot that's close to what you want. I bought mine at Christmas and got $11K off sticker and it's a 20th anniversary car, no one is buying cars at the end of the year. I even had it shipped from a dealer in CA to my local TX dealer, so don't limit yourself to only local inventory if you don't want to order. Also, keep in mind the electronics parts shortage if you want to order, it could take a lot more than the typical 6-8 weeks. I waited 4 months just to cancel my order and get a car off the lot.

stingray likes this.
  8. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Some years there's an opportunity to catch a deal in early July. Manufacturers take a mid-year look at inventory and offer some deals on vehicles that they have too many of. This year that's only going to happen once the computer chip dam breaks and dealers inventory grow substantially.

9. Mark_k

Mark_k New Member

I’ll keep an eye on what the dealers have on their lot. Pretty bare right now. I know more than likely what ever I decide, I’ll have to order.

10. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

Traditional body FTW. Kowalski loves ya baby! :driver:

4X4 fender flares? :facepalm:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

o_O

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021