Zero Emissions Signals End of ICE

Discussion in 'The Champagne Room' started by SRT-Tom, Jun 29, 2022.

1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Super Moderator Article Writer

The European Union parliament has decided in favor of an 100% reduction to CO2 emissions for all new vehicles by 2035, while raising interim emission reduction targets. The agreement will result in the demise of all new vehicles with internal combustion engines (ICE) using gasoline and diesel engines by the middle of the next decade in Europe, including hybrids and plug-in hybrids.

Specifically, the council agreed that by 2030, CO2 emissions should be reduced by 55% for new cars, and by 50%for new vans. Then, by 2035, all new vehicles sold in the European Union should have zero-emission powertrains, achieving a 100% reduction in CO2 emissions. These aggressive targets will be reviewed in 2026, taking into consideration the technological developments at the time.

[​IMG]

2. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

So dumb, while China, Russia, India and most of the world continues to use ICE. Who suffers? The middle and lower class citizens of Europe, while there is no improvement in overall air quality.

geomag and 70-426_10-SRT like this.
  3. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I'm holding off on electric until the skies are filled with United, American and Delta electric jets.

4. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Or,

[​IMG]

geomag, Green with Envy and NC20RT like this.
  5. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I marvel at the idiocy of the Klimate Krazies.

Green with Envy likes this.
  6. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

As inconvenient and difficult as these changes will be for all of us going forward, what are 2 examples of which the 'Krazies' have it wrong in respect to the detrimental impacts of CO2 emissions?

7. gostro

gostro Full Access Member

Fear not, guys. I still say these glorified RC cars will never "take over". They may be a part of the game, but they're not gonna be the only player. No matter how much the government tries to tell you otherwise. With what is probably going to be a pretty harsh recession looming, I predict the ultimate "faceplant" of the so-called "green" car movement. They may be trying to force you to buy these things, but they'll never succeed. P.S. Long live MOPAR!

20211106_162703.jpg

8. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

Like the 1970's the current crop of outright traitors will not last in office. But, this time, the recovery to a next wave of American Greatness (BTW if the phrase American Greatness Offends you, you are on the wrong forum, if you are in America, you are definitely in the wrong country) will take over in a way that is reminiscent of the Dusenbergs and Auburns.

We have not even SEEN what is around the corner, but I know that most Americans (the type the world especially seems to envy and hate) aren't going to roll over and let the entire country turn into a no-sane zone. However, states CAN be corrupted one at a time, so the corrupt states will continue to lead in gun crime, hopelessness, and misery. However, the grape Flavor-Aid will not be guzzled by the sane states.

Texas ain't California, and it never WILL be. Neither is around 99.999 percent of the Non-California rest of the country. Mopar is preparing muscle cars now that are not knuckling under, White Knuckle or otherwise, to the Shrieking, Braying, Screaming, Offended, Pants-wetting demands of some of the most utterly mentally ill people who have ever been allowed near a public office. This ain't 1918 Russia.

This time, it isn't a disarmed and uninformed populace-that is the fantasy and dream of evil people-that they are trying to take over.

I predict, instead of knuckling under, the return of the big block to cars, giant land yachts, maybe even the revival of some old names such as Oldsmobile and Plymouth. What I do not predict is Elon Musk standing on the corpses of the Big Three Crowing like a rooster who has all the hens to himself.

The Roaring 2020's are just getting started!

What emissions laws will signal is the end of many political careers. When the evil people are taken out of power, the people rejoice. We can obviously see that the people now braying and shrieking and crowing about how great things are are people who hate Americans and American Greatness, and are in no way a representation of the populace of America or anywhere else where the sane people are still a majority.

I'd like to see a nice, jacked-up-in-the back 1970 Roadrunner make a comeback. Brand X muscle cars, too, to watch the deathly silence or even this reaction.

https://www.facebook.com/itvnews/vi...as-donald-j-trump-is-sworn/10154458386677672/

Life isn't just about having the right friends.

It's about having the right enemies. People who crow and rejoice about America declining and American muscle declining are no friends of sanity or myself. Big difference between announcing something and shrieking with glee about it.

God bless America, Land That I Love!
    upload_2022-7-4_16-44-50.jpeg upload_2022-7-4_16-44-50.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Green with Envy and gostro like this.
  9. HellKitten

HellKitten Full Access Member

I think there is a lot of unknowns for the auto industry electric vehicles and for any manufacturers to switch to 100% electric could be catastrophic.

I would bet that FCA and maybe a few others will keep a few ICE's in the closet just in case..

Green with Envy and gostro like this.