2013 6th Annual LX & Beyond Nationals (OH) July 20

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by turbobuckeye, Feb 20, 2013.

1. turbobuckeye

turbobuckeye Full Access Member

REMINDER:

Hotel Room Discount expire soon!!!

Hampton Inn (Host Hotel): Thursday, June 13 (Tomorrow)

Holiday Inn: Tuesday, June 18

Also, the blocked rooms go back to the public....

***Don't forget Chat Session is Saturday Evening at the Hotel.

2. turbobuckeye

Kevin Cragon, TI DYNO would like to invite you to an open house, meet and greet and dyno tuning session on Friday, July 19, 2013. (This is the Friday before LX & Beyond Nationals) They will be giving shop tours and also offering discounts on their dyno pulls, as well as providing a cook out.

We would like to do this in the afternoon/evening around 5pm. Anyone interested please let us know how many you will be bringing so I can get an approximate head count. TI DYNO AND TUNING CENTER IS LOCATED LESS THAN 8 MILES FROM THE HAMPTON INN.

In addition, Mike Doban (aka OSTMike) has offered his services as well, and if anybody needs a hand with their tune and plans on using the dyno, he is glad to lend a hand. Just make arrangements with your tuner, the dyno shop and he will help any way he can.

TI Dyno
    776 Center Street
    Ashtabula, OH 44004
    (440) 993-0100

(more details to follow)

3. turbobuckeye

REMINDER:

Hampton Inn (Host Hotel): Thursday, June 13 (Block and Discount Rate Expired)

Holiday Inn: Tuesday, June 18 (Tonight at Midnight!!!)

Holiday Inn Express - Ashtabula-Geneva
    1831 Austinburg Road | Austinburg, OH 44010 | 440.275.2020
    Group Rate: $115.99 S/D ($135.99 King Executive Suites)
    Group Name: "LXB"
    Located 18 miles from Thompson Raceway Park

...blocked rooms go back to the public....

4. turbobuckeye

Kevin Cragon, owner of TI DYNO and TUNING CENTER in Ashtabula, Ohio would like to invite LX & Beyond Nationals guests to an Open House and Dyno Tuning Session on Friday, July 19, 2013. (This is the Friday before LX & Beyond Nationals) They will be giving shop tours and also offering discounts on their dyno pulls, as well as providing a cook out for guests. Anyone interested please let us know how many you will be bringing so we can get an approximate head count. TI DYNO AND TUNING CENTER IS LOCATED LESS THAN 8 MILES FROM THE HAMPTON INN (Host Hotel)

Time: 5pm – 10pm

When: Friday, July 19, 2013

Where: TI Dyno and Tuning Center, 776 Center Street Ashtabula, OH 44004 (near I-90, Rt 20, 45 & 84)

Phone: (440) 993-0100

Services: $45 – 2 Pulls; or $65/hr for tuning with air/fuel

Dyno Type: In Ground, Mustang MD1100, 2-Wheel Drive Dyno

In addition, Mike Doban (aka OSTMike), owner of OST Dyno and sponsor for the Modern Street Hemi Shootout Series has offered his services as well, and if anybody needs a hand with their tune and plans on using the dyno, he is glad to lend a hand. Just make arrangements with your tuner, the dyno shop and he will help any way he can.

5. turbobuckeye

SRT, Viper, Mopar and Motorsports Design Boss, Mark Trostle is confirmed and will be attending 2013 LX & Beyond Nationals.

(Any guesses on what he will drive?)

Also, DriveSRT.com / SRT Media will be in attendance this year at the event.

More details still finalizing!!!.... (We don't stop working until the first car rolls thru the gates on Saturday morning!!!)

6. turbobuckeye

On behalf of the 2013 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS we would like to welcome new ASSOCIATE SPONSOR......EAST COAST MOPARTS a division of Waldorf Dodge. Waldorf Dodge is one of the top 150 dealers in purchases in the US. Every Mopar part we sell comes with a nationwide warranty at any Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep dealership. They been developed to bring the very best prices to the very best customer, Mopar customers. They strive to become the largest Mopar Parts dealer in the world through unrivaled customer service and dedication to excellence.

EAST COAST MOPARTS will have their crew in attendance at the event this year. Look for some cool Mopar items for sale as well as they will have their SRT4 on the track alongside everyone else!!!

They are also an official sponsor for the 2013 Modern Street Hemi Shootout Series.

7. turbobuckeye

Mark Trostle, Chrysler’s Head of Design for SRT, Mopar and Motorsports will be in attendance. He will be hosting a design walk-around of some unique vehicles. This is something you will not want to miss. LX & Beyond Nationals attendees will also have an opportunity to ask design-related questions about SRT, Viper and Mopar vehicles. This chat session will begin at 4pm on Saturday, July 20 and will be held at Thompson Raceway Park during the 2013 LX & Beyond Nationals.

8. turbobuckeye

Rain Delayed – 2013 LX & BEYOND NATIONALS

Unfortunately due to the weather overnight as well as the remaining forecast today the 6th Annual LX & Beyond Nationals has been REVISED. Many of the roads leading to the track are flooded or have standing water and the same is the case at Thompson Raceway Park. We are as disappointed as you are that the weather is not favorable for the event and appreciate everyone that made the trip out to Thompson, Ohio this year.

LXBN6 Car Show will still be held TODAY, 12noon to 5pm at the Official Host Hotel parking lot, Hampton Inn Ashtabula, 2900 GH Drive, Austinburg, OH 44010. Dry those tears (and your cars) and see you at the host hotel parking lot. Mark Trostle is on his way and DriveSRT.com is here too. See everyone soon!!!

For those of you able to stick around overnight, Jim Curtis, owner of Thompson Raceway Park has offered to allow the Modern Street Hemi Shootout Series participants to race tomorrow (SUNDAY, 7/21). Gates open at 9a, and it is $20 for a tech card. Stay tuned for additional details either online or at the track on Sunday.

***CAR SHOW WILL NOT BE HELD ON SUNDAY, 7/21***

9. turbobuckeye

I would like to thank everyone that made it out to 2013 LX & Beyond Nationals this year and braved the rain and thunderstorm forecasts that surrounded the weekend. We were watching the updates just like everyone else and thankfully Mother Nature only succeeded in delaying but not cancelling the event this year. The annual car show portion of the show was held only a few hours later than scheduled but we still saw some amazing rides and dedicated owners that refused to be deterred by a little rain. My hat off to all of you, thank you for believing in us. Every vehicle was spotless despite the early morning rain storm. Thank you to the staff at Hampton Inn Ashtabula for enduring an unplanned car show that caused a normally quiet Saturday morning to suddenly be filled with music and a parking lot full of cars and people.

I would like to thank the dedicated racers and the entire staff of the Modern Street Hemi Shootout Series. The rain on Friday and Saturday morning made the track and many of the roads leading to the track unusable after enduring more than 6 inches of rain. Even once the rain stopped on Saturday morning the clean-up and track prep time required to get everything up to par would have put the racing activities too late in the day for a racing group that had been awake since the early morning hours. After some meeting of the minds and talking with the owner of the track, Jim Curtis, we were able to secure space for the Modern Street Hemi Shootout to happen on Sunday. I would like to personally thank Guy Dalton for his dedication. Also, thank you to Stell Savarino and Daniel Van Horn for their dedication to stay a day later and the planning to make the racing happen in an unplanned environment. All morning and all day on Sunday these guys were in the tower making what seemed like an easy day go so smoothly, and still had time to get in their cars and race alongside you all day. Wow!

The LX (and Modern Mopar) family inspires me and energizes me. It is the reason that I do what I do every year to bring the family together once a year every summer in Ohio. This year reinforced that feeling and I am truly grateful for each of you believing in me. I do not take lightly the time invested in getting your cars ready, vacation time used or the driving time/distance to get here each year. The cars are what bring us together but this year proved that the people are the reason why we come together every year. For those of you that were unable to make it out due to the weather you missed out on an event that will truly go down in LX & Beyond Nationals history as the most unbelievable story out of the 6 years I have been doing this. I was there and at the moment I am writing this I still cannot believe it.

Thank you to Chrysler Head of Design, Mark Trostle and DriveSRT.com (Adam Barrera) for making the trip out this year.

Thank you to Mike Doban for putting in an iron man’s day at the TI Dyno for everyone on Friday.

Thank you to all of our sponsors that continue to allow us to do what we do each year.

We look forward to seeing everyone next year, July 19, 2014 at Thompson Raceway Park in Thompson, Ohio!

Sincerely,
    Anthony Carter
    LX & Beyond Nationals, Founder

p.s. Make sure you make it out to the remaining Modern Street Hemi Shootout Series events this summer.

Flickr Photo Album: 2013 LX & Beyond Nationals 2013 LX & Beyond Nationals - a set on Flickr
    YouTube Channel: LX & Beyond Nationals LX & Beyond Nationals, Ohio 2008-Present - YouTube
    Facebook Community: https://www.facebook.com/pages/LX-Beyond-Nationals/70442034984

10. turbobuckeye

2013 LX & BEYOND – OFFICIAL CAR SHOW WINNERS LIST

Vehicle Make Competition

Best of Show Dodge Charger
    Nick Barnes – 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T
    *Killerglass Kit ($199 Value)

Best of Show Dodge Magnum
    Shawn Oliver – 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
    *Killerglass Kit ($199 Value)

Best of Show Chrysler 300/300C
    Todd Roberts – 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8
    *Billet Technology $100 Gift Certificate

Best of Show Dodge Challenger
    Al Kral – 2009 Dodge Challenger
    *Billet Technology $75 Gift Certificate, Jina’s Embroidery Custom Seat Belt Pads ($50 Value)

Best of Show Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
    Chris Bosworth – 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
    *Billet Technology $250 Gift Certificate

Best of Show Other Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Plymouth
    Joe Sikora – 2003 Dodge SRT4
    *Billet Technology $75 Gift Certificate, Jina’s Embroidery Custom Seat Belt Pads ($50 Value)

LX & Beyond Top 10 Choice Awards(not in any particular order)

Ken Schauer – 2007 Dodge Charger R/T

Kyle Fischer – 2006 Chrysler 300C

Gary Sheldon – 2012 Dodge Charger R/T with Road/Track

Entry #6118 – contact us at [email protected]

Mario Knapp – 2008 Chrysler 300 AWD

Phil Mitchell – 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8

Matt Buehrle – 2005 Chrysler 300C

Eric Langlois – 2006 Chrysler 300

Mark Sopczak – 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T

Kevin Allison – 2007 Chrysler 300C

Specialty Awards

Best Paint & Finish
    Matt Buehrle – 2005 Chrysler 300C

Best Engine (Visual)
    Kyle Fischer – 2006 Chrysler 300C

Best Undercarriage
    Al Kral – 2009 Dodge Challenger

Best Female Ride
    Sheila Kurtz – 2013 Dodge Charger R/T

Best Sound Presentation (Fabrication)

Best ICE (In Car Entertainment)(Fabrication)

Best Lighting Display

Best Club/Team/Forum Participation
    Central Ohio LX Club

*ALL Killerglass winners please email me at [email protected]*with your name/address so that you may receive your prize. These will be shipped to your homes directly from the manufacturer.

*Winners, if your name is misspelled please let us know as soon as possible. Also, if you did not pre-register and could provide the year and make of your vehicle we would appreciate it, send to:[email protected]