additives

Discussion in 'Track Talk' started by bobbymac, Nov 10, 2021.

1. bobbymac

bobbymac Full Access Member

I stand corrected = I went on u tube to see a changing of plugs and there they were. Can't see them just looking at the engine. I apologize with an explanation... Have not changed a plug on my 2012 Hemi ram. Have not even thought about it on my charger with less then 2K on it. Still goes like a bat out of hell... Nor my 2021 1320 charger with 80 miles on it.... Why??? I have COPD and am on oxy 24 hours... Sucks getting old... If I am dead when they hit 20 to 30K, who giz a chit.. If still trucking I will change the 16 plugs... I thank you for being a gentleman and a scholar.

2. bobbymac

I apologize to you and all.... Only part of a Hemi I have had and looked at-was an open hood... My 2012 Hemi ram has 9K on it... My 2017 charger has less the 2K on it and goes like a bat in hell. My 2021 1320 Has 80 miles on it. Goes like a bat,bat out of hell.
    At this time of my life call me a street racer believer if you choose..MY first was when I did my 3 years for uncle sam... I ordered a 1967 396 elco with a 4 speed with a 4.11 rear... Believe me I am a street racer... Before that 396 was off the drive way I had 'wide ovels on it.... Father thought there was something wrong with me from spending 20 months in Korea...
    I have COPD and hooked up to OXY 24 a day... I don't get out much with this f'en chit trying to kill us lately ....
    Either way I thank you for the info about 16 plugs... Had no idea how they get that many horses out of a 392 small block... bbmac

3. bobbymac

Between you and SRT Tom I am sure getting schooled. I thank you both.
    Lets say the chit I learned over the years was how to make it faster, not WHY.
    You ever add TOLUENE to your gas tank??? I use to add it to my viper ram v10... Hauled ass with that big truck. Never had a problem till I added a shot of VP leaded. Blew one of those senders from the exhaust.. I think it was a up stream sensor? Now that was a mother replacing... I thank you again from the advice you have given me. I still plan on using some VP. I didn't spend 55 K with NY tax to let it set in the drive way.. LOlol bbmac It aint the tires screeching its the road screaming... lol

4. bobbymac

I thank SRT tom and cloverdale for all the input.. First Things I have learned in 77 years playing with cars and engines is not to believe all I read...
    At one time I had a 100 plus HOT RODE MAGS. Gave them to a young fella that believed in a carburetor as best choice. A simple 392 doge 1320 Hemi engine with 475 to 505 Hp in it with fuel injection changed my mind... Needed a 427 to 460 to come close to that in the early days...
    My first reaction to this--- was you guys referring to 8 OCTANE per 10 GALLONS of OCTAINIUM LEADED... says right on the can "FOR OFF ROAD USE..."
    Since 2021 I have only used OCTANIUM UNLEADEd -- 5 to 6 ounces per 20 gallons... I am not sure were have been rering to the same VP additive...

Curious what you have to say on this???? Sorry guys but I do not believe these companies are out to destroy our gas cars or engines... bbmac I will use VP unleaded in my 1320. Promise if it goes bad I will let ya know...