1. Hopslayer

Hopslayer Full Access Member

People have had the Ripp supercharger on for over a year and reported no problems. It’s not a new technology that is untried. I don’t plan on racing anyway. If I did I would not have bought the V6. I’ll see what my 0-60 time is a couple times then just open the hood at car shows and show it off. I didn’t even want to get it, but so many hemi owning assholes give the V6 owners shit so I figured this would get the 5.7 guys to shut up. Bwahahaha

2. jjmcanally01

jjmcanally01 Active Member

I’ve actually heard this too!

3. jjmcanally01

This is how I feel about the 6.4s. In my mind there’s no reason why my 5.7 could not hang or out perform the 6.4

Hopslayer likes this.
  4. jjmcanally01

Wow so you just put the supercharger on a stock engine and your getting 472 at the wheels? Man this is changing my whole way of thinking lol. With the mods I’ve done and if I add this supercharger I wonder what I’d have at the wheels

5. BBBAD345

BBBAD345 Full Access Member

If you do go that route start a thread on your build. I would love to read about it. I would love to get a 3.6L Challenger AWD and do a Centrifugal.

Hopslayer and jjmcanally01 like this.
  6. BBBAD345

SuperCharging 101...

My 2013 Challenger only had BBK shorty headers, a Diablo InTune, and straight pipes when Arrington installed the ProCharger. They set it up for 7ish psi (6.7). I got it home and installed the PSI LS1511 valve springs only because I have the manual trans and over-revs are expected. (I have 2 of the valve spring tools so if anyone here wants to use one just paypal me some actual Shipping and I will send it to you for 30 days. Honor system, please sent it back. I have done this on other forums and it has worked well).

With a Supercharger, you are ONLY under boost when the throttle is OPEN. So while cruising, the throttle is for the most part closed off and the boost is minimal. This is the condition that most of us drive our cars. That is why at low boost like 7 psi we can get away with a supercharger on a stock engine. Now my car is at almost 13 psi. That is too much boost for a stock bottom end. That would really do a number on pistons (particularly the ring lands or even break the crown from off the rest of the piston).

Anyway, once Arrington installed the Procharger it was a drastic night/day difference. The car base-lined at 360 ish whp and went all the way to 512 whp. I have the dyno sheet somewhere but at the moment I am 800 mi from home on a job. If you stay at 7-8 psi of boost you can TOTALLY get away with ALL stock components on the car (if you already have at least a Getrag rear end). The car will pull harder than a 737 on take-off. I went with the Procharger because I have the manual trans with the low 3.92 gear (now a 3.70). I wanted the centrifugal because the boost is linear and starts off low at idle and builds as the rpm climbs so it is gradual. This imo would help maintain traction... but whatever. If I could do it all over I might go with a Whipple.

If everything on your car is stock, just set the boost at 7 psi and you're golden. 480-500 whp is VERY easily/safely attainable (as long as you have a tuner that knows what they are doing). I have a tuner that I use that is not well known at all. He does all my tuning via email, and his tunes have been better that ANY of the others I have used. And I have used; Inertia, BFNY, Barth, and Arrington and my guy's tunes blow away ALL their tunes. Period. Plus he is WAY cheaper. If you are serious about supercharging or a cam change (I have done both, and I did the cam change myself) PM me and I can hook you up with this guy. All you will need to do in order to tune with him is install an AEM AF gauge.

Here is something to consider. A Supercharger will run you around 7000 to install and tune. A stroker will be around the same money. If you have tools, and around 2 grand... You can change the cam, get a lopey idle AND pick up around 50-100 hp depending on the cam.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Hopslayer and jjmcanally01 like this.
  7. jjmcanally01

Wow this is very informative thank you! I will read over your post a lot to figure out everything your talking about. I don’t know what this getrag is so I’ll have to search it but I’m somewhat familiar with everything else. Again the in-depth answer is was looking for thanks!

BBBAD345 likes this.
  8. BBBAD345

Getrag is the old
    The Getrag was the HD rear end that was installed under our cars before the Hellcat rear was introduced.

9. jjmcanally01

So all the Challengers have this Getrag rear end?

10. BBBAD345

Getrag.jpg Mercedes Rear.jpg
    No.

If it looks like the one with ribs on it it is the Getrag.

If it looks like the one that has a smooth casting it is the less desirable Mercedes rear end.