Automatic owners ever use "manual" shift mode?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by Katshot, Sep 21, 2020.

1. NorCal Cruizer

NorCal Cruizer Member

I’ve had Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler ‘auto-stick’ cars since my 1996 Sebring (plus Prowlers and Magnums) and use it all the time. Living in hilly and winding-road Sonoma County, California, I use it to ‘downshift’ on steep hills and sharp turns to maintain speed control, considerably reducing brake use. (and did I mention that it makes for fun and ‘rally-road’ driving?!)

2. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

Totally true. When I was young doctors always laughed at me and said I'd pay for the abuse of my body when I get older. I always blew them off. I guess you can play it safe when you're younger and supposedly assure yourself of better health when you're older but in my experience it seldom works out that way. Rather burn out young than fade away old, right? Yeah well, now that I'm getting old fading away doesn’t sound so bad. ;)

3. Cloverdale

Cloverdale Full Access Member

Manual mode was all I was using until I disabled the MDS. Is it possible to disable MDS without the use of after market tech in more recent model years than mine (2010)?

4. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

i used my trinity to disable the MDS whe hI went to the track. but you still had to push the button on the dash too.