CHALLENGER CONVERTIBLES

Discussion in 'Challenger News, Articles and Media Reviews' started by stingray, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Michael Newell

Michael Newell Member

18K for the conversion.

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

Any difference in (factory) warranty if you bypass the dealer?

3. Michael Newell

Michael Newell Member

None. It's the same conversion shop the dealers will use.

4. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOU PURCHASERS OF, FOR EXAMPLE, HELLCATS AND REDEYES!

5. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

Tim Kuniskis said (watch at the 33-minute mark of the following video) that the conversion process would be seamless. The dealer would ship your new Challenger to Drop Top Customs. After the conversion is complete, it would be shipped back to the dealer for your pick-up.

6. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

Racer X :confused::facepalm::doublepuke::dancingpoop::eek::snoopfacepalm:

HellKitten likes this.
  7. Moparisto

Moparisto Full Access Member

I wonder if the price will go up 10,000 dollars from what you already agreed upon during that process.

BunnyMom likes this.
  8. BunnyMom

BunnyMom Full Access Member

I love my Challenger as is. Don't have interest in a convertible one. Decided to call mine 'She Hulk' since its such a beast! LOL. My best gf wants to see some long eyelashes above headlights. Why? No clue but would be funny. Halloween maybe?

Saw in this article they go straight from factory to Drop Top.

9. BunnyMom

BunnyMom Full Access Member

10. Garrettgl

Garrettgl New Member

DTC from FL did my conversion and they are not a quality company at all (bunch of jack legs). Dodge will have a lot of unhappy customers with this company building the 2023 convertibles. DTC states you get a warranty but it’s at Jeff's the owners discretion. I have two snags in my brand-new top and Jeff states it’s not noticeable. For $19k I notice. The fit and finish is terrible. I had mine done in July and received it in October took them almost 5 months. The car was so bad Jeff sent Montway to pick it up because it was a mess. They buffed the paint and tried to get some of the drips off the windshield post. Now I must get the windshield area repainted it has solvent pop and crow’s feet across the top it also still has runs at the bottom of the post. The paint issue (Crows feet) returned the next day. The header panel on the headliner across the front doesn't fit and the map lights shine through the gap between the top of the head liner and the front frame. Jeff's fix for this was to stuff foam above the map lights to block out the light instead of fixing the un-even fit. The wiring is also nightmare no labels no molded connectors just crimped connectors, they straight wire the switches that does not require a key to raise and lower the top and rear quarter windows. The rear quarter windows flop back and forth the only thing that holds them in place is pinched between the front window and the top.

Jeff sent Montway transportation to pick up my car and the jack leg guy strapped my car down with the D ring from the tire tie down against my rim and the chain across the front spoiler now two wheels and the lip are damaged. Jeff said it was Montway's fault and Montway said it was mine because I did not contact them within three days. They said I should have read their contract. I never saw their contract as Jeff did the transportation not me so now, I am out $3k to fix that mess. I almost forgot the first time I picked up the car from his shop in FL nothing on the steering wheel worked. The guy there had no clue how to fix it. I drove from his shop to Greenville SC without blinkers, cruse, horn, and wipers and it always rains in FL. This cost me $.3k to fix as they shorted out the steering control module. Of course, Jeff will not pay for that damage. Overall, what I have learned and hope I show everyone the mess. I would have left my car with a sunroof. One other thing the car is so stiff now the entire windshield and steering wheel shakes on fairly smooth roads. I have new Good-Year tires on the car it had an incredible smooth ride before he made the conversion. The car looks prefect sitting still and at 100 feet away but I can’t take it to shows as I did in the past. Some additional information the rear window is so small your auto dimming doesn't work as the sensor never gets hit by lights from behind as its too low. My last thought DONT LET THEM SCREW UP YOUR CAR!!!
    Gary

SaveShare

Reply Quote