Cold air intakes

Discussion in 'Challenger R/T Engine & Performance Modifications' started by PITCHBLACK, Jul 19, 2018.

1. ZEN357

ZEN357 Full Access Member

2. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

I believe he wants to use the hellcat box which utilizes the front inner headlight for incoming air.

3. Diehard

Diehard Full Access Member

So are you saying you already have all but one of the required components or one more piece of information??

Are you(or did you) get the Hellcat air intake filter as well?

4. PITCHBLACK

PITCHBLACK Member

@Diehard yes I got the Hellcat box i'm waiting in the tube that goes in the headlight and I have the Hellcat air filter on its way also

5. Diehard

Diehard Full Access Member

I have the same setup. The general consensus is that they typically help to maintain an air inlet temp. at about 3 to 5 degrees above ambient temperature.

EDIT: Don't know if you have seen the screens that they sell for the hole. It's referred to as a D.P.I.S.(Direct Inlet Port Screens). Personally, I think it's a waste of money. Price is $40. Yeah it's remotely possible to get something in through that hole, but what harm would it do? How often to you remove something from your grille? Plus it reduces the size of the passageway reducing its effectiveness. Just my opinion.

Another thought...An "Oil Catch Can" would be a nice mod that would help your intake(throttle body) stay clean.:cool:
    I

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018