EV Challenger in 2024

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by tjfrombama, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Green with Envy

Green with Envy Full Access Member

Right now today with the amount of fossil fuel run vehicles worldwide we have enough petroleum reserves for over 500 more years. I'm sure that within that time frame the world should have a suitable energy source to work with. Look at all the amazing technologies we have now and most have come about in just the last 150 years. I've personally seen amazing things come to pass in just my short 70 years of life that are amazing. In high school when you spoke of a computer back in my day it was NASA that came to mind with a computer the size of a small house. Now the phone you carry in your pocket has 20 times the capacity as the old NASA computer. Just saying !

NC20RT and gostro like this.
  2. Chuckv

Chuckv Member

I live in a large golf cart community (70,000+ carts), and yes I know ev's and golf cart s are not the same technology, but there have been many electric golf carts short out and burn. Many roads have the markings of this. We finally gave up on electric and bought a gas cart. I would never go back, it was such a pain having to charge the cart every time you used it. The second cart was supposed to go 60 miles, but only got 45 the first year, but by the end of the second year it was only useful for about 30 and it gets worse from there. It is too easy for the salesman to tell you how great something is going to be 5 years from now.
    What about even a small accident doing some (not visibal) damage to the LiOns? I'll avoid Ev's as long as I can.

Green with Envy and NC20RT like this.
  3. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

Some really excellent posts here and I thank each of you for re-affirming what I truly believe. Electric is a friend of NO ONE. With other countries (see China, India, and many more) not partaking in any efforts to do anything, why should we in the US be forced?
    I'm still waiting for anyone to explain how people are supposed to get around in electric cars when the power goes out for a few days. The strain on the electric grid system does not need to be exacerbated further in those emergencies when power is slowly being restored. Isn't CA already asking customers to cut back during the rolling brownouts? Do they want a million+ electric cars plugging in all at once? A couple of gas powered vehicles in a garage sure alleviates any worries. I think the car companies are making a big mistake phasing out gas powered cars.

4. stingray

stingray Full Access Member

Like I said before I was parked and saw one of those tiny BMW electric cars pull up to get a charge. He was there for over 30 minutes. I left before he did. Also remember how many of these charging stations will be working? Are charging stations vandalized alot???Or will that be a trend in the future as more EV's are on the road? It's like tire hoses to get air into your tires. I gave up on that going to gas stations to get air in my tires. They are all vandalized or charge $$ for air. So I bought an air compressor so I don't have to go hunting for a station that has an air hose that works or isn't cut from vandals.

70-426_10-SRT and NC20RT like this.
  5. NC20RT

NC20RT Full Access Member

^^ Good points. I see vandalism as a real problem, especially in the big cities where there is no punishment if caught.

stingray, gostro and 70-426_10-SRT like this.