1. SRT-Tom

SRT-Tom Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator Article Writer

You will still get some drone with most catback systems because you have an automatic with MDS.

I would recommend a Borla catback system for your car.

Here is a sound clip of the system on a 2010 SRT.

Borla Exhaust on a 2010 Challenger SRT8 - YouTube

2. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

that sounds pretty good. What does it sound like on the inside & I wonder if there will be much difference with the R/T vs the SRT ? What do the resonators do, I mean what is their purpous ? I have a 2013 R/T with autostick & sport mode. I want a deeper sound but don't want the wife not wanting to ride in it because of annoying drone. if she is complaining then I am NOT enjoying the ride, does this make sense ?
    Bert

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  3. Model maker

Model maker Full Access Member

I went to my Dodge dealer and they have an aftermarket catback system that has " RSC " ( REFLECTIVE SOUND CANCELLATION ) that says it ELIMINATES interior drone. the word eliminates is in BOLD capital letters on the exhaust description but I would like to hear what it sounds like on a 5.7 hemi.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator

Check my other post.

5. vferrizz

vferrizz Member

Like the sound of the Borla...hate the price $$$$$ !!! Hard to justify unless I start buying cheaper beer. Now I have to figure out how long it will take to save $1500 by buying cheap beer.

6. skellin

skellin Member

4381 N. Dixie Hwy Deerfield Beach, FL 33064
    Every exhaust system imparts a degree of restriction on your engine; the goal of a performance exhaust is to minimize its restrictive effects and bring out as much of your engine's potential as possible.

7. vferrizz

vferrizz Member

Just found the Borla S type system for just under $1200. Still a bit pricey but better than the $1588 MSRP. I would think the S type would have the best performance since it has straight through mufflers. I am looking for sound and performance....performance is more important. The Borla ATTAK system sounds too much like something that would be on a ricer (no offense if anyone has it ... just my $.02).

8. moparornocar

moparornocar Member

I went the cheap way and just changed out the mufflers with magnaflows, left every thing else in place.

9. jsmallwood

jsmallwood Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. El Paso Bob

El Paso Bob Member

I have the MOPAR Cat Back Exhaust on my15 Shaker 5.7, there is ZERO drone at any speed, even in MDS in cruise control on the highway ZERO drone. They sound great..So no assumptions, I have them installed