Exhaust mods

Discussion in 'Challenger SRT8 Engine & Performance Modifications' started by Katshot, Apr 17, 2020.

1. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

Glad I just needed to do the Res Delete on my 2010
    Already had the factory small mufflers and nice X-Pipe

tidefan1967 likes this.
  2. IntimidatorRT

IntimidatorRT Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderator

a good muffler shop can do that for you pretty dang cheap. just cut and weld in a new pipe. mine were like that till I got my Solo System. they came with the J pipes to help control the drone. before that I had magnaflows and just had a pipe in there for the resonators.

3. Katshot

Katshot Full Access Member

What complicates the issue is that Dodge has played musical chairs with their system components. Certain years have mufflers up front and resonators out back. Other years have the opposite. So some people are removing mufflers thinking they're resonators and vice versa.

4. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Solo exhaust for my 5.7L; the cat back with the adjustable J-pipes to tune out the drone. What's your opinion of the adjustable J-pipes? Did they help eliminate the drone vs when you ran magnaflows with res delete? How does it sound? I really can't stand that raspy noise you can get at high rpms. I just want a deep tone that gets louder under acceleration like our 60-70's musclecars sound.

5. Katshot

That's exactly what I'm looking for too!

6. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

There's some sound bit videos on You Tube of the Solo cat back on a 5.7L. One doesn't sound raspy at all but another one did, it wasn't real bad. Not sure what they offer for the larger Hemi's - look at the Solo site.

7. Katshot

Ok, got the MFER-1 kits done. It's pretty much what I expected. Slightly louder across the board. There are definitely times when the valves were closed and that's where I'm noticing additional sound. Trailing throttle specifically. It's not quite what I'm looking for but I'm going to live with it for a little while before deciding to start the cut-and-paste routine. I "think" my next step is going to be replacing the mufflers. Probably Flowmasters. Still deciding which ones. I'm partial to their 3-chamber mufflers since I've used them a few times before. But, my exhaust shop says they would start with removing the resonators. We shall see.

8. 2017 Redline HC

2017 Redline HC 2021 Durango RT

While I was out driving around I tried the different modes between street, sport and track. As you mentioned there’s a very slight change in sound but nothing really prominent to my ear. I do like the sound of the stock exhaust on mine and think I’ll leave it as is....for no

9. Katshot

That's the problem for me. The stock system sounds pretty good so why tear apart a brand new exhaust for what will only be a minor increase in sound?

10. 70-426_10-SRT

70-426_10-SRT B&E body lover

You could always put DUMPS for those wild & crazy time :)

They even make them with electric motors and a switch inside.
    (I'm going Old School that I have to take the bolts out)

Dumps.jpg