Long tube headers...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

3. omariv11

omariv11 Active Member

I'm gonna Google that

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

4. redbullssg

redbullssg Active Member

You basics have a cat back system right now... Adding long tube headers will enable the exhaust to flow more free... Short tube headers are easier to install, but if you aren't going to do it yourself, and you want a growl, go with longtubes. Then you will have a full system. Adding any other type of muffler to your existing set up will only muffle it more. Opening it up will make it louder, or growl more...

5. Wizard of Iz

Wizard of Iz Full Access Member

Just to jump in .... I see that this is in the Challenger SE section. Do you have a 6cyl or an 8cyl? My comments relate my experience with my V8.

However, I'm convinced that if you have an automatic, then you will have drone if you don't have resonators. Just a matter of how much drone you can live with.

On my 2011 5.7 Hemi / Automatic, my first exhaust change in 2015 was to delete the resonators (rear) and replace the stock mufflers (front) with Borlas. The drone at about 2,000 RPM was pretty annoying .... and it's amazing how much time the car spends at about 2,000 RPM.

My next move was to add a set of glass packs as resonators (rear) to knock down the drone. That gave me the worst of both worlds. It made the exhaust as quiet or quieter than stock and it changed the back-pressure just enough that the engine never felt quite right.

So, I bit the bullet (thanks to a friend at a dealership) and went with the Mopar Performance cat-back exhaust system. Once upon a time, the cat-back was made by Borla. At some point Mopar changed to Corsa as the supplier. The Mopar system mufflers and resonators and has very minimal drone.

The Mopar/Corsa system has a "better" exhaust note than stock at idle and sounds pretty good at throttle.

However, if I did it again, I'd go with the Flowmaster cat-back system. I just prefer the Flowmaster sound. And, it's a little cheaper than the Corsa.

6. redbullssg

redbullssg Active Member

Oh boy, lol, hey forget everything I said.... Lol...

7. omariv11

omariv11 Active Member

Thanks for that I'm gonna look into that so that's how I'll get the growl even doe I have a v6 engine?

8. omariv11

omariv11 Active Member

Lol u not talking to me right

9. redbullssg

redbullssg Active Member

Im just messin... ;)
    I was under the impression that you had an RT, not realizing that you have a 6. So your options are more limited. I don't know if the make long tube headers for the 6.

10. omariv11

omariv11 Active Member

Whooooooweeeee now that's a lot of knowledge u just gave me I currently have borla I'm not willing to spend anymore money on exhaust for now so glass packs is a no no becuase it will do what u just said happend to u how about I just go with long tubes headers?