GPS not working

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussions' started by jim, Jan 16, 2020.

1. DodgeCares

DodgeCares Active Member

Thank you both! We're always happy to help, :)

Alison
    Dodge Cares

2. B5blueRT

B5blueRT Full Access Member

and hence it's called "DodgeCares"! It was nice for Allison to offer help.
    Hey Katshot, if you're only plugging into the USB to charge your phone try one of those USB adapters for the 12V accessory plug. You can find them everywhere and they only cost a few bucks. I use one in my wife's SUV. I got tired of it trying to download my contacts and stuff every time I plugged in to the USB port.

3. ItsMeAgain

ItsMeAgain New Member

The GPS in my 2018 Challenger T/A recently starting showing me 10-15 miles off course where there is no road. The car has less than 5,000 miles on it.

I did some research and have found this to be a widespread issue across all Dodge/RAM products.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/uconnect-8-4-navigation-gps-stuck-in-texas.120714/

https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/uconnect-8-4-showing-gps-location-way-off.675779/

I saw many more but why post them all...

I checked my radio and it is the Panasonic unit (Hardware P/N CNSCM7N0GL) and has software version 17.43.44

As I read over and over that others had experienced, I too checked UConnect and put in my VIN to have it say NO UPDATES are available.

Reading thru various forums, even when users can download an update they often end up bricking their unit but many dealers seem to be likely to do the same. Then at that point beyond the GPS not working there are a list of fails making the owner of the vehicle worse off.

Is there anyone on this forum that knows how to fix this? I did do a search looking for threads on this subject and landed here. It is a tad frustrating to have UConnect be incapable of providing a valid download that is safe to apply instead of leaving us stuck with an older version and problems.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may have

4. 68MOPAR

68MOPAR Full Access Member

I miss the days when all you needed was to give it a good whack!

5. DodgeCares

DodgeCares Active Member

Hey there,

If you'd like us to look into your concerns and/or help you get your software properly updated, please feel free to send our team a private message with your VIN so we can look into it.

Thanks,

Courtney
    Dodge Cares